cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reverse the Goods Movement after deleting Delivery?

mshekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are unable to reverse a goods movement.

The following is the scenario -

We created a returns order for a product that was returned back by the customer. Subsequently we created a Delivery and did Post Goods Receipt(PGR). As a result Material Document was created with movement type 632.

The returns document was wrongly created and had to be corrected. So we reversed the PGR, deleted the Delivery and rejected the return order. But Material movement was not reversed.

Now how do we reverse the material movement when the corresponding delivery is already deleted?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kantur.

The form delete_items_check in MV50AF0D include performs various checks before marking a delivery item for deletion. It is not possible to delete a delivery (both outbound/inbound) without executing prerequisite delivery reversal steps. The issue might possibly be a user error.

The movement type 631 is used to reverse 632 when you cancel GR of consignment pick-up. You can post stock differences manually via MB11 with movement type 631 if at all required.

Many thanks.

-Balaji

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Normally Movement type 632 will be used for Consignment pick-up.

(for Normal returns 651 will used as Suggested by Moazzam)

But the Interesting thing here is when we do Consignment Fill up/Pickup--obviously there will be creation of Material Document--But No accounting document--due to no change in the Ownership of this material...

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Material Document was created with movement type 632

I did not go through your post thoroughly and ' MoazzaM ' is right.  For 632 movement type, there wont be any material document.  Please recheck your system and update here with your findings.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi G

Sir for 631 or 632 there will not be any accounting document but material document will be created. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

' MoazzaM '

No MoazzaM, there wont be any material document for movement type 632 as you are only taking the special stock from the reserved storage location back to parent location.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

This is what I am saying that we move stock from special stock to company's normal stock. There is no accounting document involved but material document is there in my case. I have just rechecked. May be we are not understanding each other. Material document and accounting documents are two different things and I know this difference but after seeing your comments I am confused now.

Check this screenshot I captured from MB51.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

' MoazzaM '

You might be correct. It is almost seven years back, I configured this process and literally it is out of my memory currently.   One important point I would like to share is generation of material document or accounting document is being controlled based on the settings maintained for Quantity/Value Updation in configuration.  If you check the box Quantity Updation for any movement type, system will generate only material document but not an accounting document.  If you check for 632 movement type, this settings would be there and hence, your findings would be correct. 

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sir

Thank you for explaining the controls but I am not into MM yet but still I have checked it and I think you are talking about this following screen. I will check in detail with my MM guy but one thing I have checked and I am sure about that is there will be no accounting document for 632 and 632 in consignment fillup and pickup process.

Thank$

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i understood from your Query, you have created a Consignment process in which you have created Return delivery using 632 and done PGR, now when you have reversed PGR stock lies with the Consignment Fill up stock,

Are you saying stock is not even lying with Consignment stock ? or are you expecting stock to post to unrestricted stock after you reverse the Return PGR ?

please revert with your expectation

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ideally when you reverse a delivery be it an outbound or inbound, correspondingly, the related material document would also be reversed.  If the issue what you had indicated is only a rare occasion, try cancelling the material document via MBST.  On the other hand, for all deliveries, when you reverse a PGId / PGRd delivery, if the related material document is not reversing, then you need to revisit your configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a result Material Document was created with movement type 632.

Please share is it normal sales process or consignment process?

632 movement type is reversal of 631 which is used in consignment issuance process. For normal sales your sales return was supposed to be posted with 651 not 632. Could you check this first?

Thank$

mshekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

It is a consignment process. Material Document with GI consgmt: lendingMovement Type 631) was created when the product was initially delivered to the customer. During return process, Material Document with GI consgmt:ret.delvy (Movement Type 632) was created.

This happens very rarely. Delivery document was deleted without reversal of the goods movement. We need to some how reverse this movement. I tried to cancel the material document in MBST but got error saying Material document cannot be processed.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If this is consignment process then standard process is that we create consignment fillup KB and its delivery with movement type 631. For this delivery if we reverse with VL09 or if we create consignment pickup KA document type it posts material with 632 movement type. Both movements don't create any accounting document.

Now for your case you are saying that delivery document deleted without reversal of the goods movement. This is not possible because we can't delete delivery document until we reverse it with VL09.

Now your stock is in consignment stock and you want to move it in company's stock? What is stock condition and why don't you create consignment pickup or consignment fillup order and post the stock with normal process.

Thank$

mshekar
Explorer
0 Kudos

What is the tcode that I need to use for creating a Consignment Lending/Fillup (631) so that I can reverse my Consignment return delivery/Pickup(632).

In the material document(MB03), the delivery document mentioned in the Mat. Slip field has been deleted. 

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consignment returns is not the way you presume..

Firstly we have to understand one thing:

Consignment Fill up: Stocks will be sent to customers Location-But ownership lies with business only.(No Billing)

Consignment Issue: The stocks lying at Customer location has been consumed by his consumer(Billing will be there---Owner ship change from Business to Customer)

Consignment returns: The consumed stock (from consumer to customer) returned  -in turn returned back to Business.(Billing will be there--owner ship change from customer back to Business)

Consignment Pick-up: Stocks which was kept at Customers location--will be called back(No-owner ship change,No Billing)

Now you might be knowing what you have to talk about...

Any way all these processes can be done with The Tcode of VA01--with Doc types--KB,KE,KR.KA respectively...

Phanikumar

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Forget about Tcodes and process. Could you please share in easy words that where is your stock and where do you want it to be? Is it in consignment stock or in normal? If possible you can share screen shots of your MMBE stock position and material document display.

Thank$