cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching capabilities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I'm very disappointed by the forums' searching capabilities after upgrade.

Before this I used to use the Search Forum feature with a given keyword. I was able to open interesting links in another window.

Now the system acts like it opens the thread, and even gives the URL. But it ALWAYS ends with the screen:

The specified thread [0] was not found.

Useful links:

Forum Home -- browse the forums here.

I have to open the interested thread in the same window, then go back by a green arrow, and open the other thread etc. The feeling is not good.

Sometimes, when I enter the thread, the URL in the address line is simply wrong.

For example, enter my thread "Some more point hunters?" in the same forum. Copy the URL. Guess where you'll be brought to if you try to goto the URL.

Could be something done with it?

Best regards,

Eugene

PS. I've noticed that that after chnaging the thread or the screen, the URL just didn't change at all! And when you think that the URL of the thread you are in is correct, it's not true!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_goeck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the problem with opening a search result in a new window is indeed a bug and will be fixed with our next release (probably beginning of April).

Regards,

Michael Goeck

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Did you have a look into this thread

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I've seen the thread. It helps only when you want to open the link (within a thread) in a new window. But IT DOESN'T WORK from the screen with the search result, as I described. When you try to open the link in a new window, you alway get the message I mentioned. And you have to open the link in the same window, look at the message, go back to the search result screen, open another thread etc.

Very annoying.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eugene,

Tha is right. When you open the thread in a new window you get an error msg. In this window change the URL slightly. If you look into the URL it will end with a ? symbol, if you remove this, you will get the thread in the new window.

Regards,

Jai Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yep, but this a workaround for a definite bug, isn't it? The bug is to be fixed, IMHO.

Best regards,

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Agree with you on that. Since this bug/error is really annoying.

Regards,

Jai Shankar