cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP certification will add value my CV to get in to SAP Career ?

mohan_kishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I have 10+ Years exp in Manufacturing in purchase,scheduling and Inventory management functions. I am end user of SAP PP and MM (ECC6.0). Iam planning to get in to SAP Career as SAP consultant by doing Certification in MM from ATOS/Banglore .

Is SAP certification will add value my CV to get in to SAP Career ?

IT companies will consider my domain exp. while offering salary package as certified consultant ?

Will B.tech (Correspondence) degree will be considered ?

What is the minimum educational qualification ?

Is it worth to do certification in SAP by investing 3.7 Lakhs for my future ?

Please help me to get answers for the above

Regards

MohanKishore

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

1. If you do certification in functional area like MM and you already have end user experience with the same, certification will definitely add value to your CV.

2. Your domain experience will be considered by IT companies. And if you pass certification exam, you will get good practical knowledge as well.

3.In big multi national companies correspondence degree might not be considered but with your experience you can negotiate.

4. Minimum qualification depends on the criteria company keeps. It can be any technical degree like MCA, B.E/B.Tech/M.Tech and even MBA.

5. I think it will be worth it if you gain good knowledge in functional area like MM.

I hope these help you in deciding your career All the best...

Regards,

Shahir Mirza

mohan_kishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Shakir

Good inputs from you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohan:

While this is not a direct answer to your question, you may want to consider alternative means to the end you are seeking.  For example - you state that you have many years of experience as an SAP end user with significant functional experience.  Have you explored the possibility of transitioning within your current company from a functional position to their internal SAP team (if one exists)?  This is one avenue to transitioning your career path without needing to spend vast sums of money.  Many companies frequently add to their internal teams from within, as current employees know the internal business processes completely and thus they do not need to spend money on expensive consulting resources to familiarize them on their processes in order to support their SAP instance.  You will learn how SAP has been configured to support those specific business processes and you will learn the basics of configuration in ERP logistics.  After a few years you will have the experience you need to transition to external consulting if you wish to follow that path.

This is what I did many years ago, and the benefit of following this path is that as a consultant having significant functional experience, you immediately have credibility with your clients (whether internal if within your company or externally as a consultant) because you have "walked a mile in their shoes".

Just another angle to consider.

Regards,

Jason Kenzie

mohan_kishore
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Jason,

There is SAP Support team in our company .There is no chance.

I need to find some other compnay

Thanks

MK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan you said

Is it worth to do certification in SAP by investing 3.7 Lakhs for my future ?

Please read our mentor blog

Certification can not give you the job guarantee .Try to more engage with community start discussion with community experts take some time to invest huge amount of money .

regards

poorna