SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dunning (by collection strategy) after submission to collection agecny

gulrez1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have 7 level of dunning but client requirement is to submit dunning items to collection agency aftere first level of dunning + n days. As per my understanding SAP dont allow dunning of items if its already submitted to collection agency. Please let me know if further dunning is possibel for the same document after submission to collection agency.

Suggestion to achieve this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gulrez

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gulrez:

Are you using collection strategy or dunning procedure?  Levels only exist for procedure approach.

Submitting an item to a collection agency does not exclude it from dunning - but typically when submission is done, a dunning lock is added.  This is configured in posting area 1054.

regards,

bill.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Gulrez:

Are you using collection strategy or dunning procedure?  Levels only exist for procedure approach.

Submitting an item to a collection agency does not exclude it from dunning - but typically when submission is done, a dunning lock is added.  This is configured in posting area 1054.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am using dunning by collection strategy approach. So even if document is submitted to collection agency then can it be dunning further ?

e.g. let say if no. of days in arrear is 3 days then first dunning happened i.e. D1 now after 10 days of D1 if overdue amount remains unpaid then D2 will trigger and document should be submitted to collection agency (Run FP03M + FP03DM)... after this if amount remains unpaid then have to dunn it to D3 which will generate reminder letters.

Now my question is can I dunn document to D3 even its submitted to collection agency ?

Regards,

Gulrez

0 Kudos

Yes - as already mentioned - dunning process does not care about collection agency submission UNLESS you have added dunning lock as per posting area details.

0 Kudos

Hi Bill ,

Thanks for your reply. I checked posting area 1056 but could not find settings for applying dunning lock after document submission to collection agency .

requirement is to first submit documents to collection agency then after n no. of days if debt remains unpaid then documents should be reassigned to different collection agency.

Tcode FP03 give me option to reassign documents to different collection agency. Is there any way to automate this or tcode to do re-submisstion to different agency ?

I am using dunning by collection strategy with BRF+.

Regards,

Gulrez

0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Event 5065 will be used for reassigning items to collection agency. Please let me know how can i check dunning lock condition in posting area 1056 ?

Thanks,

Gulrez

0 Kudos

1054 is the posting area I  mentioned.

0 Kudos

Thanks Bill