cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brtools: Function mkdir() failed for...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I am using LINUX/ORACLE and I assigned new file to datafile.

I face below error:

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2014-02-20 07.42.25

BR0663I Your choice: 'c'

BR0259I Program execution will be continued...

BR0252E Function mkdir() failed for '/oracle/PRD/sapdata3/sr3731_1' at location BrDirCreate-1

BR0253E errno 2: No such file or directory

BR0280I BRSPACE time stamp: 2014-02-20 07.42.25

BR0669I Cannot continue due to previous warnings or errors - you can go back and repeat the last action

BR0671I Enter 'b[ack]' to go back, 's[top]' to abort:

I am logged in as ora<sid>

Regards,

CF

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheung,

Are you performing tablespace administration means extending any tablespace of your system by adding datafile.So for this first you need to check directory sr3731_1 is present or not ,if not please create manually as below:

cd /oracle/PRD/sapdata3/

mkdir sr3731_1

chmod 775 sr3731_1

chown ora<sid>:dba sr3731_1

After creation & with proper permissions try to execute your task again.

Hope your issue will resolved.

Thanks.

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you performing tablespace administration means extending any tablespace of your system by adding datafile.So for this first you need to check directory sr3731_1 is present or not ,if not please create manually as below:

I do not agree with this!

If you use brtools for your tablespace administration, if you have proper access configured for sidadm/orasid it is taken care by brtools. No need to create a folder manually.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick, i manually create the folder sapdata3 (its not exsist) and now i don't have enough free space...

Regards,

CF

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nick,

Thanks for pointing my answer,I also agree with you that if ora<sid>/<sid>adm have proper permissions then there is no need to create any directory manually during brtools activity.But here may be Cheung have not given proper permissions on br tools under /sapmnt/SID/exe directory,So might be he is getting the issue.

Please correct me if 'm wrong.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

/Oracle/SID/sapdata* is a separate mount point, you need to create for your database.

It is not a folder, if you create a folder in /oracle/SID it will become a local folder.

If you don't have sapdata3 created, then why you are adding a data file in sapdata3?

Regards,

Nick Loy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THank you guys!

I will try

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cheung,

Please change the permission of file system /oracle/PRD/sapdata3 to chmod 755.

Change the owner to orasid:dba

Both this check the results.

If this does not help, then manually create folder sr3731_1 under /oracle/PRD/sapdata3 and the add datafile.

Regards,

Deepak Kori