Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time recording in PLM

former_member241958
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello.

On page Consulting Solutions for Resource Management - PLM Consulting - SCN Wiki  described PPM CS Time Recording.  Tell me please where to find this function in Business Client? In R/3 installed component CPRXRPM 500_720. Maybe need to install something else?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yuriy Zhukov,

These consulting solutions does not come with standard package.

As far as me, these solutions are provided as consulting by SAP / vendors. You may refer contact person in the below note.

1172238 - PPM Consulting Solution: Overview Note

Moreover, the time recording feature is available in PPM 5.0 as default, have you tried this?

Regards,

Ravi

former_member241958
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I have not found it in PPM5.0, so please suggest how you can get to this. Maybe there is any manual?

ravi_ekambaram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to integrate CATS(Cross Application Time Sheet) with PPM Project type. Below are the steps to integrate

1) Configure a CATS profile

2) Configure time recording for project type

3) Do accounting integration

Once these steps are completed,  create a project and release the project/tasks. And then users will be able to see the tasks in CAT2 tcode and thereon confirm the tasks.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Like Ravi said, once you have CATS and CO integration, time entry can be enabled in the standard cProjects UI.  I'll add another - HCM/HR/OM integration.  It's easy to enable, and helps make the CATS-PPM usage of the system so much simpler.

Here are the common use cases and relevant systemic and user activities enabled with these three integrations:

NoActivityUsage / Benefit
1PPM - CATS integrationEnables logging / reconciliation of confirmed time (versus capacity planning performed in PPM) against projects.
2PPM - HR/OM integration

1.  Creates resource/manager data replication in PPM as Business Partners.

2.  Creates linkage between resource and real-life "Employee" (via Employee Number / PERNR), for use in CATS.

3.  Syncs resource capacity data from HR  (Infotype 007), and keeps resource availability true against work hours  (calendar and per day availability), days off/absences/leave, and commitments made in other sub-systems  (i.e. WFD, MRS, etc.)

3PPM - CO (PS) integration

1.  Enables cost planning / reconciliation of budget and cost for projects / proj elements

2.  Enables posting of actual costs to CO based on rates determined for tasks or role in PPM  (if used)

4PPM - NW Portal integration / configurationFulfills any customer requirements for creation (or display) of iViews and other UI enhancements to render CATS within the PPM application (cProjects) or Portal workset
5CPR Account Assignment:  Project Structure elements to WBS/eLinkage between cost collectors and project tasks, etc.
6Staffing:  Assign resource to roles/tasks

1. Linkage of concrete (resource) staffing to cost collectors for time and cost

2. Appearance of linked cost collector ID  (i.e. WBS)  in resource's Personal Worklist in timesheet

3. Hard-booked resources have their total availability decreased by any staffing assignment

5CATS:  Resource logs timeTime made ready for approval by time approver (i.e. manager or lead)
6CATS:  Approver confirms time

1.  Time marked as confirmed in CATS

2.  Actual Cost is calculated based on rate for role or task in PPM  (if used)

3.  Actual Cost can be transferred back to CO  (if control is enabled in PPM, versus triggered straight from CATS)

7CPR Cost Planning:  Transfer costs to CO(Same as bullet point #3 from the above row)  If used, transfers Actual Costs back to CO cost objects.

Alternatively, you don't have to render the timesheets within PPM.  That is, if you already have people logging into CATS some other way  (i.e. through its standalone portal worksets/CATS Web) or through the GUI).  So long as you have PPM-CATS integration, any actual confirmed work will flow back as actuals to PPM.  Same thing with CO.  There are several avenues to designing how this can work, of course based on what the business requires.

I hope this helps paint a picture of how this process works within the system.