cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Host Agent not collecting OS Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, running into a frustrating issue during Managed System Configuration in Solution Manager 7.1.

I am unable to complete the setup on a specific set of servers due to the Host Agent seemingly not collecting OS level information.

My hostagent is version 178, my diagnostics agent executables are 720 patch 100, and I have restarted these multiple times.

DAA is registered in SLD and the agent is connected to SolMan and visible in Agent Administration.

The SAP instance on that system is 702 SP8 . (Does the agent have to match the SAP instance?)

The checkmark for "Supplied by Outside Discovery" is blank in System Landscape editor as seen below:

Within the log viewer, I am seeing errors such as "Exception calling SAPHostControl Web Service"

But I can access the testing XML file on the server via going to http://hostname:1128/SAPOscol/?wsdl .

These are the logs in agent admin log viewer:

Because the Host Agent OS collector is not seeing OS level information, I cannot complete managed system setup.

Please help, I'm at the end of my rope!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Pls refer below links,

Regards

Nayeem

mamartins
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you upgraded from SAPOSCOL? I did experienced similar issues before, and they are related with problems on the shared memory of the OS processes.

You need to restart the machine, not only the processes.

Regards,

MM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Gentlemen. The issue ended up being with Shared Memory.

This is how I resolved:

1) Shutdown DAA, Host Agent processes

2) Shutdown SAP Instance

3) Restart DAA Instance

4) Restart Host Agent processes

5) Run saphostctrl -function GetComputerSystem from Program Files/hostctrl/exe folder

-Confirm successful, if not, other issues involved

6) Restart SAP Instance

7) Confirm information in LMDB (Supplied by outside discovery checkbox)