cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change the process numbers of servers, RZ10 parameters

0 Kudos

Hi,

below is the screen shot of active processes of servers in TCODE: SM51. Can I change the enlarge the process number of processes: Update, Enqueue and Spool?  if yes, what parameters need I to change? thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sting,

You can increase the processes of "Update and Spool" by setting below parameters in RZ10 in "Instance Profile".

Update --- rdisp/wp_no_vb

Spool ------rdisp/wp_no_spo

Enter the number (that how many process you need) in the value field

Increasing the "enque" process is not recommended and more over not needed. Usually in all servers we maintain only one "enque" process. One enque process can handle entaire server.

Still you require to increase set below parameter and value

Enque ---- rdisp/wp_no_enq = 2

Note: After setting these values, you need to restart the server/instance in order to effect.

Ensure you have enough Memory (CPU and SWAP) to set these values

Hope you got the enough information. Give me points if my message to you.

Regards

Santosh K

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

With your current configuration you should increase the number of dialog process as there should be more dialog process than all other process.

Setting the number of process depend

1) on the system type (ECC, BW, PI)

2) on the system size (number of CPU core, memory)

3) on the system usage (number of users, number of spool orders....)

On a small system with low user activity you can go with a single Spool process (rdisp/wp_no_spo) a single update process (rdisp/wp_no_vb) and a single V2 update process (rdisp/wp_no_vb2). Enqueue process (rdisp/wp_no_enq) is meant to stay unique.

You can check in SM51 the queue level for each process and see if an increase is required (SM51 → Goto → Server Information → Queue Information).

The here under notes could help you.

Regards

39412 - How many work processes should be configured?

• DIA (dialog):
    • Number of processes: There must be at least as many processes as the total of configured non-dialog work processes on this instance (Note 934109).

9942 - Maximum number of work processes

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/49/38111dc6d21ec9e10000000a42189b/content.htm

108799 - How many spool work processes for each instance?

0 Kudos

thanks to your answer, I really appreciate it.