Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcode support for UI5 application

arun_santhanam3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

could any one let me know whether we can integrate Barcode scanner with SAPUI5 application. Typically i use browser based Fiori PO approval application using my device. Do we have any way to integrate it.

Thanks

-Arun

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are looking for integration of barcode reader with a web app using SAPUI5 you can't do it. Since a web application like Fiori is not capable access the native features of the phone. But as suggested by Prathik Nagaraj and Vijaykumar Ratnakar you can package the app with cordova plugins (open source) to add a barcode reader to your application. Hope that helps. You can find a lot of cordova plugins in Git repository. In SMP 3 SAP came with 7 more plugins that gives SMP 3 specific features (app update, push, registration etc) to the hybrid app (more plugins to come). ie SAP is giving more importance to Cordova in its future path.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Follow these steps given in this blog

I hope that hepls you

prathik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Yes, SAPUI5 supports barcode integration, all you have to do is install the cordova related barcode scanning plugin while packaging the app for android or iOS.

Regards,

Prathik