cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material not available, directly create PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

WHEN AM CREATING SALES ORDER, IF MATERIAL IS NOT AVAILABLE THEN IT SHOULD DIRECTLY CONVERT IT TO PURCHASE ORDER... HOW TO DO IT...

i.e in SALES ORDER ITEM CATEGORY SHOULD TO BE CHANGE DIRECTLY FROM TAN TO TAS..... AND PURCHASE ORDER SHOULD BE CREATED AUTOMATICALLY...

GUYS HELP ME OUT  HOW TO DO IT.....

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Message was edited by: Jyoti Prakash

Its totally UNPROFESSIONAL to post discussion & it's tittle in all CAPS.

Posting any post in such manner is like SHOUTING.

So, don't do that in future.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Venu suggested, in the sales order item level, changing the item category to TAS (or the custom) item category for third party will meet your requirement. To automate this process, you have to handle it with userexits. Hopefully the exit 'move field to VBAP' can handle this logic.

But, you should be clear about the term 'non-availability of matetrial'. Does it mean...if the delivery couldn't be confirmed for the requested delivery date? or is it related to the material availability date? or any other reason? Please let us know the business scenario and the business need behind this requirement.

Regards,

Ravi Sankar 

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

But, you should be clear about the term 'non-availability of matetrial'. Does it mean...if the delivery couldn't be confirmed for the requested delivery date? or is it related to the material availability date? 

I am unable to understand the two questions asked by you!

If goods are not available that means the requested delivery date can not be met. And because, from req delivery date, the material availability date is calculated. That means in turn that material is not available on the material availability date too. Would you agree?

So are your two questions in fact only one question - taking up two "different points" of a single line (in a process - backward scheduling)?

Is my question, post clear?

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Let me explain in a different way.

1. The material is available in ample quantities, but due to different lead times like pick/pack, transportation lead time, transit time etc., the delivery couldn't be confirmed for the reqeusted delivery date. Eg: Order created today with RDD as tomorrow. But, the other lead times are 3 days. In this case, the delivery cannot be confirmed for the RDD.

Will the OP consider this as non-availability of material?

2. The RDD is in another 4-5 days. Currently the ATP quantity is zero. But, the material can be produced internally in 1 or 2 days (lead times) and the delivery can be confirmed for the RDD.

Though stock is not available at the moment, how the OP considers this situation. Should the system raise a PR initiating the third party process?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks for your post!

Point 1, picking packing or transportation lead time etc. are "out of scope". The OP is talking about material availability (as the only criteria). In business, the company / selling staff would make clear to the buyer about the time required for arranging a truck or the time needed for transportation.

So those parts being bottlenecks are not so much a question about material availability. Yes, if those are playing a part, it could be a matter of not delivering in time.

Point 2, if RDD is met then company would complete the sale, delivery by itself rather than giving the order to a 3rd party (if company itself also does sale,delivery of those products; also depends upon company policy, and other criteria)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

TW,

Basically, I am checking with the OP about how they identify the non availability of material...when implementing this logic. Functionally it is not as simple as logic for replacing TAN with TAS.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thanks! Yes, I understand the intention of your queries.

The discussion has been helpful for me also; to discuss your questions with practical business scenarios & how these link to the analysis of the OP's requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I totally agree that changing of TAN to TAS while you save is a herculian task. Multiple things are to be taken to consideration while you start up with an ABAP change.

There is another proven process known as Product allocation against ATP given by SAP, which can be used to reduce critical situation, bottle necks occurs in sales and procurement process.

Check if your business agrees for that solution.

regards,

Sayantan

Former Member
0 Kudos

while creating sales order system has not confirmed the quantity due to non-availability of stock and also non-availability of raw material..........

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

maintain following settings o generate PO from PR automatically

1. in Material master check AUTO PO field in purchasing view

2. In Vendor Master check AUTO PO field

3. Create Info record for the material and vendor combination in ME11

now try creating Third party sales order and Execute ME59N for PR, PO will be created automatically

you can setup a job for ME59N to execute in background

regards,

santosh

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vemuri santosh kumar sir

I think O.P Is not asking Creating PO From PR

He wants while creating sales order If stock is not there Automatically TAS will come

even i think we have to fallow this settings Right to create PO automatically

you have missed some thing i think plz let me know

ME01--- MAINTAIN SOURCE LIST

MD02-- We have to maintain plannning mode(3) , mrp list(10 create purchasing req(1)

Thanks a lot sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As per the standard SAP it will never do. However SAP has given some exits which might help to achieve this. Check out the exit save document prepare , set out some rules to redetermine the item cat. The does the item cat/schedule line determination first and then checks availability.

I am not very sure if this exit will work , never seen this kind of req in none of my projects, but you may try.

You will find all the user exits in the IMG system modification activity, Go through that doc and check with an ABAP.

Before you do any kind of ABAP changes do consider the cascading effects of it in other order types and the cut over spillage of the change.

regards,

Sayantan

venu_ch8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Raj Very good mng

Dont write with capital letters ----by the by as per my understanding if stock is not there in your plant  automatically in the sales order Line item TAS Should be populated instead of TAN

So automatically PO Creation ?

As per my knowledge no way as per standard

only way is we can do manually