cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Manager Question - standard map 00_MATMAS04_R3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Forum Experts,

I have an Import Manager question. I surely must have missed something so I hope someone can help me out.

My intention is to have an R/3 system send MATMAS04 IDocs to XI and XI to deposit XML files where Import Server can pick them up and load my repository. XI has made the integration process a very simple scenario to accomplish.

I have created a repository from the archive called 55410_MATERIAL.a2a which I downloaded from SMP (was in a zip file).

In this repository there is a table called Sales Divisions with two columns: Code & Name with Name being marked as the Display Field. I loaded the Sales Division table using data extracted from my R/3 system check tables.

My lack of understanding revolves around the use of the map file called 00_MATMAS04_R3.map for loading R/3 material master XML files. The IDoc data coming from R/3 for fields like Sales Divisions (SPART) is provided in terms of the Code value. However, in Import Manager, using the map 00_MATMAST04_R3 the destination values are the Name field. ( There are plenty of other fields in the same situation as Sales Divisions. )

Seems to me that to make this an automatic mapping, the list of source values and destination values would be the same fields. That is, if R/3 IDoc contained the code, then the destination values list would be the code. And if R/3 IDoc contained the sales division name, then the destination value list would be names. Thus, like would be matched with like.

I'm new at this so I accept that lack of understanding of fundamentals on my part is quite likely. Does anyone know what I missed or can someone explain what I should do differently? Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark

You are correct.

MDM recognises & builds the map based on the field names/values between the source & destination tables. Any dis-similar field names/values need to be mapped manually. The predefined maps supplied by SAP have source fields mapped on to the field "Name" in destination table because usually MDM creates a default field "Name" whenever a new table is added. They are using this field to populate values from R3.

Hope i have understood your question correctly.

Arvind

<b>Pls reward helpful answers</b>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

let's have a look at the customizing tables in R/3. Usually you have a single key value and text fields that are very often language dependend. This is the same for your Sales Division. The reason for this is that a user likes to see a text or description on the screen, but not a key he or she would not understand from scratch.

MDM uses the same principle. You have look up tables that may contain the code and the name as field. But in addition, every MDM look up table is key mapping enabled. You can check this in Data Manager. Select the Sales Devisions Look up, right-click on a record and choose "Edit Key Mapping" in the context menu. Now you should see a value for your record which is equal to your code. This key mapping is written during the load of the check tables. And this key mapping is the key that Import Manager is using if you want to load material master XML files. Those files will always contain the key but never a speaking name. Import Manager is able to find this key in the look up, but for a better understanding it will display the corresponding name in the destination value.

Kind regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael & Arvind,<br>

Thanks for your explanations. I believe my problem was related to the Remote System selection in the "Connect to source" dialog window that is presented when you start Import Manager.<br><br>

Kind Regards,<br>

Mark

Message was edited by:

Mark Worl