Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Target for Business System in SLD Error

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Before i begin, i wanted to let you know that I have already looked into the forum and have gone through a couple of links like below-

http://scn.sap.com/people/rajasekhar.reddy14/blog/2011/02/21/transport-targets-and-groups-in-the-sld

and http://scn.sap.com/thread/1770757

I am working on PI 7.3 dual stack and for the Basis team, this is the first PI implementation.

They have tried but i am still facing issues in getting the Config objects imported into Test PI System.

Basis has already created the Test PI (TPI) and Test ECC (TEI) in DEV SLD, along with the required Business Systems and Transport Targets.

I have imported the Test ECC Business System in Test PI Configuration. All the ESR objects are imported successfully.

However, I am still struggling to get the config imports.

DEI-200 is the ECC 200 client and it is ok on Dev SLD and its target transport is defined as TEI-100 which is Test ECC

However, in Test PI SLD, the source business system is missing for test - TEI-100 does not have any source or target transport defined in Test SLD.

Can that be the issue?

We have separate environments and SLDs with regard to systems.

Please help and tell me how i can get this completed with Basis?

I also forwarded the above links to Basis to follow the steps.

I get the below error-

import failed because of business system transfer of object Communication Component | BS_DEI_200: Obligatory transport target for business system BS_DEI_200 not found in System Landscape Directory

See error logs for details

What Basis is saying that the TEST SLD needs to be aware of the DEV Components.

Please advice. I have no experience with Transport and target groups.

Regards,

Archana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana - Did you define/register the business system and technical system for PI development systemsystem in your test SLD?

I mean INTEGRATION_SERVER_<<PI development system>> in your quality SLD?

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I am not sure but I will check this up and confirm with Basis.

I know that the Test SLD was updated with the Test ECC business system but i did not see the Dev ECC business system in TEI SLD.

So does this mean that in Test SLD as well, the Dev business systems have to be defined in addition to Dev SLD?

I will be able to update tomorrow morning.

Thanks.

Regards,

Archana

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana,

you need Dev business system in test SLD.

You need to follow the below approach

• Define Business sytem in DEV SLD for Dev, Test and further environment
  • Define the business system groups for each environment and assign the business system to groups.
  • Define the transport path in DEV SLD
  • e.g.
    • Dev Business target is test and further env. systems
    • Test business system source is Dev and target is further env. system

You need to transport or create all the business system and group in each sld.

Hope this help.

Harish

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

Thanks for your response.

I have forwarded the details to Basis just now.

I think we are missing the last bullet point (Test business system source is Dev and target is further env. system) that you mentioned and also the last statement (need to transport or create all the business system and group in each sld).

I know that the only the Test Business system is now created by Basis in Test SLD but we are still missing the Dev Business system in Test SLD.

I will give an update tomorrow morning.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Archana

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Archana - When you define Dev. business systems in Test SLD make sure that they point to the integration server of Development which means you have to create business system and technical system for the Integration server of Pi development system in Test SLD.

Below blog for reference :

SAPTechnical.COM - Transporting objects in PI

former_member596513
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh / Harish,

Thanks you so much for all your help.

I gave Basis the exact steps that you guys gave above and it is all working fine now

Now the same steps i am making sure are configured and confirmed by Basis in UAT.

Regards,

Archana

Answers (0)