Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

import substitution variables from SDM repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are running NW04 SP 17

every now and then we need to make our local / DEV / STG environment simulate a problem that happens in Production.

in order to do that we need to manually go to the CMS and update all the substitution variables accordingly. (see attached snapshot CMS_1.jpg)

Is it possible to somehow import all the parameters (or selected paramters) to a XML / text / CSV file and then import them into our local SDM?

thank you in advance

zach

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/zach_engel/CMS_1.jpg">CMS_1.jpg</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zach,

how did u get the substitution variables to work? should there be a reference to the substitution variable be there in sda-dd.xml file? (as far as i know - the ans is YES). but how can we have the variable in the file? i created a build.properties file in cfg folder and tried building the DC..no luck...variables din't show in the sda-dd.xml file..

we have a application DC that needs the substitution variables in the Web DC its referring to. I have added new substitution variable in the test runtime system. The web.xml file i am referencing the substitution variable.

when i build the DC, things are fine. but at deploy time, the error is missing substitution variable. if we manually edit the sda-dd.xml file and deploy things are fine. but in JDI, we don't want to manually edit the sda-dd.xml file.

we have SP 19

- please help

thanks

sowmiya

Former Member
0 Kudos

see my answer on another thread

as for this thread, i am still waiting for someone to tell me if i can import and export all the vars from 1 SDM to another