Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Replication - Async

chris_clarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've configured Async System Replication on rev 67 between 2 x 8 node scale out clusters.  In Studio however, it never says that they are 'in sync' and always shows as amber with the services are running but not in sync next to it.

Is this expected behaviour as it is true that they never will really be in sync or should it acknowledge when all the delta replication is finished?  All show as active when I drill down into it.

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

To check the system replication on HANA

1. from OS end

hdbcons -e hdbindexserver "replication info" ##Mainly check that „ReplicationStatus_Active“

hdbnsutil -sr_state

2. from DB

select REPLICATION_STATUS from M_SERVICE_REPLICATION

3. from Studio

DB - Landscape -> System Replication

If you replication is not ACTIVE, let us know the current status according above checks.

regards,

Vladimir

chris_clarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vladimir and Frank,

Thanks for your reply.  I am seeing ACTIVE and when the initial sync happened I watched them all copy their data and switch over to ACTIVE.  The indicator in studio still shows amber however.  I'm wondering if this is expected behaviour, but it seems strange that using Async replication means you can never get a green status for System Replication in Studio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,,

I do not think so, if in DB you can see is active and still indicator shows amber then its something wrong with Studio, make you are on same revision DB / Studio and try to re-install Studio.

regards,

Vladimir

chris_clarke
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

The studio version is the same and I've seen it in different installs of Studio.  If the ini files differ would this count as not being in sync?  We do see some errors regarding ini file differences.  Is there a way to silences some of these alerts?  Some differences are expected (global allocation limit etc.) and I don't want to be alerted to them.

Is it possible to make changes to the configuration at the DR site while it is in sync to brings some config changes into line?  AFAIK I can't connect to the server with studio as it is just handling replication.

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you established replication via Studio, try "hdbnsutil" from OS level and check behavior of replication via Studio.

SAP did not specify way how to disable alert (i checked with OSS message last week, they said the alert itself cannot be disabled) but HANA providing way how to customize thresholds. I believe if you set unrealistic value then the alert message will not be raised (maybe its just for mail notification - not sure)

https://cookbook.experiencesaphana.com/bw/operating-bw-on-hana/hana-database-administration/system-c...

DR site is not accepting connection, it means you can not change parameters via Studio (during sync). Only way would be change directly in ini files on OS level - not recommended way.

regards,

Vladimir

frank_bannert
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Correct, ACTIVE means your systems are in sync. If not you would see something else e.g. SYNCING.

Best,

Frank