cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 release date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reference SAP Note 1981118, the solution includes both SAP GUI 7.30 and SAP GUI 7.40.  I am already in a preliminary testing phase of SAP GUI 7.30 core patch 7.  I need to increase my projects cost projections based upon when SAP plans on releasing this new client.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

SAP GUI 7.40 will be shipped on October 8th next week .

Please refer to note 147519 for more info.

Regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

NW Clients Space Modertor

tomas_chrastina
Explorer
0 Kudos
jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

The core gui notes have now been updated with the tentative release date of the 7.40 gui.

• 26417 (Hard & Software Requirements)
  • 66971 (Supported Platforms)
  • 147519 (Release Strategy)

The shipment of SAP GUI for Windows 7.40 is planned for 8th of October 2014 (as default release in "General Availability").

Jude

leonardo_pavia
Participant
0 Kudos

What will be the major changes of SAP GUI for Windows 7.4?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is a note in process

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2022335 not released yet.

Jude

leonardo_pavia
Participant
0 Kudos

Note 2022335 is now released.

Leonardo

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel,

At the moment (and this is subject to change), the expected release-date for 7.40 is either the end of quarter 3 or the start of quarter 4.

Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/147519 has just been updated to reflect this.

Best Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Will there be a 64-bit version of SAP GUI for Windows 7.40? At launch?

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell at the moment, no.

but 7.30 does support Office 2010/2013 64-bit (office integration only)

see 1442028 - SAP GUI for Windows / Desktop Office Integration: Support for Office 64bit editions

Regards,

Jude

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Creating a 64-bit version GUI is not a priority and the benefit of it would be negligible

SAP GUI 7.40 is now scheduled to be released in October of 2014

regards,

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming that, I do however disagree on the benefit being negligible. The lack of having a 64-bit SAP GUI means that IT can't deploy pure 64-bit configurations as long as there are 32-bit applications. With NWBC for Desktop, for example in case of PLM Web UI, things are even worse because then you have to also install 32-bit Java. I guess there are similar Java usage examples with SAP GUI, maybe JNet and/or JGantt?

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In this "pure 64-bit" configuration, however, would a 64-bit SAPGUI still interact normally with 32-bit MS Office apps?  Since 64-bit Office is strongly discouraged (by Microsoft) for those who don't truly need it, the majority of Windows desktop clients, including those with 64-bit Windows, will still be running 32-bit Office.

Former Member
0 Kudos

True. I do know 32-bit Office is required at least for BEx, I don't know about the general Office Integration as we have 32-bit Office.