cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori - Approve Purchase Requisition Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

We are encountering an error with the Fiori application "Approve Purchase Requisition" when we attempt to approve/reject/forward the work order using the Fiori app.

The error thrown in the browser is an HTTP 400 error.

In the gateway log, the following error is present.

..ERROR_INFO RFC call was not successful because of system failure 'Function module "/IWWRK/WF_TGW_TASK_SCN_COUNT" not found.'.

The Fiori App is retrieving the data from the backend as we can see the data in the form.  This error only happens when we try to approve/reject/forward the information.

From the GW client, all check OK, including the TASKPROCESSING service.

We have a Central Hub as our Gateway system (NW 7.40) and the SAP_GWFND process is at SP05.  I have the gateway hooked up to a backend ECC system (EHP4/NW 7.01) for the backend components and backend SRM system for Cart Approvals (EHP2 for SAP SRM 7.0).

I have double checked that the following notes have been applied

1866093 - Patches for the Gateway SPS06 required for FIORI -> Running NW 7.40 Gateway Hub.  SAP_GWFND is at SP05.

1799722 IW_BEP Adjustments to Task Gateway for SP06 - Geneva -> We are at IW_BEP SP07 which is above the requirement.

1805831 Workflow Support Decision options Nature -> Applicable for SAP_GWFND SP03. We are running SP05

1799807 Suppress Message /IWBEP/CM_MGW_RT 157 -> Cannot be implemented

1821503 Fixes to Task Gateway service - Consumer Scenario collection -> Cannot be implemented

1850312 Adding the Scenario collection to the TaskProcessing service - Cannot be implemented.

Has anybody ran into this issue or knows of a fix?

When clicking the approve action in the Fiori app, is there a better way to trace what is causing the failure besides the NW Gateway log and ICM trace file?  The error in the ICM file is below. Increasing the ICM trace doesn't provide any further error details that what is listed below. 

*** ERROR => Error in HTTP Request: Invalid header field(11) {00030017} [http_plg.c 5814]

Thanks in advance for any input!

- James

Tags edited by: Michael Appleby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki!  Thanks for the response!

IW_PGW is SP04.  Please see below screen shot for current component levels installed on the gateway.   GBAPP002 component is installed on the backend ECC system and it's current release 600 SP02.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi James,

IW_PGW SP05 is the latest one.

Regards,

Masa

SAP Rapid Innovation Group - RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

I have applied IW_PGW SP05, SAP_GWFND SP06 and SAP_UI SP07 and still continue to receive an error. 

One thing I learned was that the original error I posted is not related to the Purchase Requisition Approval app.  We have 2 backend systems that are hooked to our Central Hub.  One is the backend ECC system that we will use for our Purchase Requisition Approval, My Spend, etc. applications. The other connection will be to our backend SRM system for Shopping cart related Fiori applications.  For the Taskprocessing service, I had assigned 2 System Aliases (1 for ECC and 1 for SRM).  Each time I would replicate the issue, the taskprocessing service was connecting to both backend systems.  I was able to remove that error by deleting the system alias for the SRM system from the taskprocessing service.  Note:  I am not ready for the shopping cart piece as I have some missing notes to apply in the backend system. 

However, the above is not a solution to our problem, but I am narrowing it down.  From the gateway system to the backend system, their is no problem.  How do I know this?  When I generate the error from the launchpad, I check the URL that it's generating via Google Chrome (F12) and paste that URL into my Gateway client and change it to a Post command and execute it.  Not only does this check OK, but on the backend system the PR is getting approved or rejected depending on which decision I give to it. 

So, my question now is.  What would cause an HTTP 400 Bad Request error from the gateway to my launchpad/browser?  Any ideas?  I have checked my trust connections via STRUST and everything is green.  I also tried recreating my SSL certificates.  I'm not getting any certificate errors in my browser.  Below is the browser error from the trace. 

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Updating kernel patch will fix the http400 bad request error in post method.

Please check this. Fiori: PO/ PR approval: Bad request

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masayuki for your help!

Applying 741 kernel patch 19 resolved the issue. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi James,

What is support package level for IW_PGW?

Regards,

Masa