cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Custom Module in 7.3 to QA and Production servers

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

I have created, deployed and tested my module in our development region using the RUN AS option in NWDS 7.3 EPH 1 SPS8.

I do not have access in our QA and production servers and need to have Basis do the deployment using an SDA file

Following note 1223957 I downloaded and installed the tools.

When creating my sda I used the following command and got an error because my location is too long.  I have search to try to determine what other possible values I can use in the location parameter.

>createsda -n CreateYMDFolderOnEndOfDirectory -v sap.com -l CreateYMDFolderOnEnd
OfDirectory -c 1 -type J2EE D:\com.spiritaero.po.adapter.ear D:\result\com.spiri
taero.po.adapter
Version: 200903041639
Conversion of D:\com.spiritaero.po.adapter.ear to a SDA of type J2EE
Info: JarSAPProcessing version 20080124.1000 / JarSL version 20080116.1000
Error consistencyCheck: location in component definition ==> the value length mu
st be between 1 and 20
==>
ERROR: Wrong attribute combination!

My development server looks like this

Thougths on what should be put in the location parameter?

Regards,

Diane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

I was thinking of suggesting the use of CTS+

Once it is configured, you just need to attach your ear file as a J2EE object in a transport and then just import it via STMS. It gets automatically deployed in the target system (you should be able to check in the JNDI browser0.

Regards,

Mark

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Mark - unfortunately Basis said no to configurting CTS+.  They want an SDA file.

Anyone else have any definitions of what goes in the location option of the createSDA?  The documentation says "the build location of the development component". What exactly does that mean - based on the examples I've seen it does not mean path and file name.  I tried using the jindi name - other options?

Regards,

Diane

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

I suffered the same problem and finally we have deployed the modules in production environment.

The sequence is:

1. run createsda
  2. run packsca
  3. Deploy SCA with SUM

When i have time i will write a blog explaining all the steps.

For createsda:

createsda -name <JNDI_Name> -vendor <Vendor> -location <JNDI_Name>

-counter <Counter> -type J2EE <Source_EAR_file> <Target_SDA_file>

Example:

createsda -name ModuleAdapter -vendor sap.com -location ModuleAdapter -counter 1 -type J2EE /data/SID/transfer/ModuleAdapter_EJB.ear /usr/sap/trans/ModuleAdapter_EJB

Hope it helps

Javier

former_member540174
Participant
0 Kudos

Javier,

Thank you so very much!

Follow on question on the packsca command how do I determine what release, service level and patch level values?

Regards,

Diane

javier_alcubilla
Contributor
0 Kudos

I use these ones:

-release 7.31 -sp 0 -pl 0

Regards

Answers (0)