cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layout and different views in VC 7.3 (roll up/drill down/visibility)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm migrating a 7.0 model to VisualComposer 7.3. In some ways it worked fine but now I am at a point where I think I need help!

In the old model there were some views with a complexe structur with roll up and drill down and visibility for different input forms. It shows only the view you need when you have selected a special figure.

In the new model these structures are not working anymore and I can't fix it. In my new model there are shown all views side by side regardless what figures i chose in the selection.

Where can I find a good "how to-guide"? Or other informations that could help me. The Veterans guide and the migration handbook couldnt help me out.

Thanks for any answers and if you need further informations don't hesitate to contact me!

Kind regards

Christian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udi,

thanks for reply. The visibility is known. My problem is that there are models with a high complex structure.

I can't upload a picture so I 'll try to describe it a little more.

The model must be visibile when you start it. But then there is a selection made and after that there shall be only the corresponding details be seen. For example there is a model with 3 tables. The first for the day, the second for the month and the third for the year. So if you chose "monthly" in the selection and go to the model-view you shall only see the month-table and so on.

When I try to build it I always see all three tables and just one filled with figures. in the old model the problem is solved with stores and assigned values like tese:

STORE@M1

LEFT(@date_key,4) and so on.

I need a guide where I can find the ways to fade in and out tables and views.

Thanks,

Christian

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

There are several ways, I don't know enough of your case to say what's best.

See an example of using View Switch to show only one UI section at a time, in this thread:

The benefit is this is a built-in functionality, you don't play with the visibility yourself, just model the transition to the relevant view each time.

Would you be able to share more info in a Customer Ticket (OSS)?

Thanks,

Udi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202465
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

One thing just to make sure - options following upgrade. Please ignore if irrelevant. Here you see all the options, for example running the 7.0 models unchanged in the 7.3 portal.

About working on the models: The basic way to control visibility of elements is in the Configure Panel.

But I guess you already know this. So in case this is not enough please share a more detailed example of what you need to do.

Thanks,

Udi