cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS External Number Range Requirement

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that having an External Number Range for a document type is required.  When I try to remove the External Number range from the Document Type in Config it gives me an error that I must enter a value in that field.  Why?

I tried removing the two defined External Number range definitions, but it didn't help.  It still gave me the error. 

We don't want to allow the users creating DIR records to be able to enter their own external number.  We want them to use the sequential internal number range only.  They can use the Description field to enter any relevant data.

How can we do this when I can't turn off External Numbering??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris Law,

In DC10 Configure settings make sure  with number assignment  as '1' and than assign internal number range as your defined sequential numbers . For your own defined number range go with OD00.

No need to assign external number range once you did number assignment as 1.

Regards,

chandu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kris

Whatever Chandu has said it is correct. You have to enter just "1" i.e. Internal number range in Document type Detail View tab from configuration.

Make sure you have to maintain internal number range as per requirement in every server i.e. in DEV, QA & PRD server.

Thanks

Pravin