Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager - Interface with PI

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has anybody done any interface from solution manager to PI.

We have a requirement where we need to send the docs which has been created daily to PI on a scheduled time.

I have the following clarifications with respect to this.

1. Is it physically possible to send the documents stored in solution manager to PI via ABAP proxy ?

2. I assume it will be stored in clusters or blob data type. Not sure, but needs to investigate.

3. I believe solution manager can be used to stored all types of extensions like .doc/.pdf/videos etc., Let me know whether there is a possibility of extracting these and sending it over to PI.

I want to send it in a xml tag and not as an attachment through proxy and from PI to end data via http.

Regards

Sam. 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

the basis of SolMan is quite close to a CRM system. The ABAP proxy framework exists and works exactly like in all other ABAP systems. So I would confirm, yes, this is possible. However, you'll have to check function modules to extract documents, I cannot advise on that. But converting them and putting them in an XML tag should be covered by standard modules. Just make sure to use Base 64 encoding to avoid complications. Monitoring might be a bit harder when files grow big. Remember, your PI monitor will have to open the whole file and display it when you check the payload. So, if possible, I'd rather work with attachments.

I have built an interface SolMan-PI, but with much lighter data (just incident messages from an external incident tool, but including attachments like pictures and small text documents).

Regards,

Jörg

silentbull
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Jorg,

Thanks a lot!

Once I find the relevant FM or BAPI, am planning to send it to XI in XSTRING mode.

I believe there might be BAPIs which can convert these into binary data and FM further to convert it to xstring mode.

But still unable to find any FM related to reading documents from solman.

Regards

Sam

Answers (0)