cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to track cost on Activity Network

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new in SAP PS, I do not have knowledge as IT or Consultancy in ABAP. I have a situation and I need to propose something to the Bussiness/IT.

I need to see all detailed costs on Network actovity. We have some Networks with more activites; after working hours are booked we can see in CN41N an overall of total hours booked on each activity, but cost are only on Network level. I can see in CN48N detailed extract on Activity, but unfortunatelly it does not include any costs. It include all the informatin I need, but without costs.

Maybe there is not defned in the system to view total costs on Activity also in CN41N and can be defined? Maybe that can be extracted from a table from SE16?

Thank you!

Rodica

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi

as was mentioned earlier cji3 will show you exactly the network-activity and costs associated.

Could you please run CJI3 and make visible column "ObjectType" and "Object"?

If the network is activity assigned then you should have values ObjectType=NWA

If this is not the case and you have (ObjectType=NTW) that means the network was setup as header account assignment. In customizing this can be checked in transaction OPUV

Please check and let us know

Pan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pan,

The network type is NPL. In Object it is shown only the Network number, this means that it was deactivated that to be shown Activity.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

what about the object type? what is the value it holds?

Pan

former_member341917
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rodica,

In SPRO Under Network-->Maintain Network type Parameters check the tick box Activity account assignment and run the S_ALR_87013558 Reports.

Regards

Avinash

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi panagiotis,

In object type only description get visible.

I agree with kusum what I understand is that in rodica case cost is capturing on network only.

Hi rodica,

you can try settings as suggested by Kusum (Direct T.code:-OPUV)

Also tell us that are using network as header assigned or activity assigned?

Thanks

Rahul

0 Kudos

i think that it would be a little easier for all of us if Rodica confirmed the object type as i have asked.

If your case is a header account assigned network (as it looks like) then i assume it was due to the fact that it was discussed and agreed while you customized your sap system.

Check first before proceeding and changing all your header account networks to activity account networks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In CJI3 - costs are not visible on Activity. Objekt type is NTW

I can understand that costs are hiden on Activity level and they are assigned only to Header level. How I can check this information? Open transaction OPUV, click on the button Details (Ctrl+Shift+F12) - what I have to check here? Is here any topic regarding OPUV transaction, what means each field and what is impact in the system?

If the condition are on Network header, what are the steps to set on Activity level? If I have multiple types of Networks, this should be done for each Activity in particular? I need to know what should I check and to provide a solution.

Some settings from OPUV:

Thank you all!

0 Kudos

Hi Rodica

the picture you included is very clear. Indicator ActvtyAcctAsgn is not set and that means you are using Network Headers as cost collectors.

If this indicator is ticked then network activities can be used as cost collectors and you will see something close the first pic i have attached in CJI3. You can easily try to test this in a test system.

I think that this answers your question. (no indicator=costs at header network level)(indicator is set=costs at network activity)

The setup is something you need to discuss with your business users in order to reach an agreement what is best (in terms of reporting, cost precision etc)

Cheers

Panagiotis

PS all cost that you see in CJI3 is already collected in network level and cannot be changed now. If you perform changes in OPUV they will show in future.

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi rodica,

In link with my last reply.

According to your screenshot ..you are using header network settings.

In your second attachment ,tick the AccAcctassign. With this you can capture cost at activity level.

It is client level settings, so discuss with your business experts.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all!!!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Rodica,

In Cji3 report(actual cost) . There is column object number. Where network+ activity number shows.

for example

if network number  4000001 and activity number is 0010 then it shows like that

4000001 0010

Please check it . I agree with shisher also.

But for functional specific check it and let me know

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below are tables related to cost:

RPSCO Project info database (cost, revenues)

RPSQT Project info database (quantities)

COSP Cost totals for external postings

COSS Cost totals for internal postings

COSB Total variances/result analysis

COEP Line items, actuals

COOI Line items, commitments

COEJ Line items, planned orders

BPGE Budget, overall cost

BPJA Budget, annual values

Also go thru the link below for more details:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28689

You should search in the forum before post, you'll find lots of information.

Regards

Shishir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishir,

I am not so familiar with the web site, I just registered. I read during last 3 days a lot but I could not find topics related to that, maybe I was not searching correct. I will check tomorrow the link you gave it to me, I saw that there are a lot of information. I am really grateful for your help and patience.

Rodica

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can go thru the doc below.and study about SAP PS.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/4c/225b9746e611d189470000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Happy Reading..

Regards

Shishir

former_member210342
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surdu,

I am not getting you properly?

I think Cji3 report also shows booked cost against activity .

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

CJI3 shows all the costs but without activity number unfortunately. It shows on Network, on all Activity without specifying activity number. Some Networks has only one Activity, but some of them has 8 Activities.I cannot find a way to report that, without doing this manualy.

May be this needs to be designed?

Thank you!

Rodica