cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP APO integration with SAP CRM TPM(Trade Promotion Management)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I need help in understanding the connectivity between SAP APO and TPM..i have all the DP configuration settings now and have a KF for the baseline forecast(to send it to TPM) and another KF for promotion uplift(from TPM).

Can some one help me, how i can send the baseline forecast to TPM and get the promotion uplift from TPM into APO. i mean the system architecture. With and without BW system in between both APO and TPM.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath

I have not worked on this specific scenario, but the below links may be helpful

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm700_ehp01/helpdata/en/45/ffd5cfdc85534fe10000000a1553f6/content.htm?f...

I had one document from SAP regarding use of ES Bundle to achieve this integration. I could not find it now, but wiki can give you some good idea

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ESpackages/Demand+Planning

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasun..Both the links were helpful to me.

I still need the info on the configurations that are done to get the promotion uplift data from TPM to APO..

Also do you know if the BI-BPS is it embedded in the TPM system, as the BW is embedded in the APO system?

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath

I checked with one of my friend who works in TPM and he told me that there is no in-built BI-BPS in TPM but it has integration component.

Thanks,

Prasun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasun..

Waiting for other experts ideas/suggestions..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath,

I am absolutely clueless about CRM.  I did find the following doc

T88 – Generic Settings for Trade Promotion Planning and Optimization

which you may find of interest.

I suggest you close this post and re-post in one of the CRM forums, such as

or

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharath

There are two ways you can integrate CRM TPM and APO DP.

One approach is using the BAPI BAPI_PRMSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI to update individual promotions in to DP. This requires use of the promotion planning functionality of DP. The other approach is to integrate using BI as an interface.

One advantage of the BAPI/ promotion planning approach is that you can see individual promotions in DP. Also, the promotion can have a set of attributes (such as say Salesperson) that are available in the planning book (without these attributes being part of CVC or navigational attributes). You can drill down into the promotion key figure and see the detailed promotion quantities behind it. You can use DP disaggregation functionality to receive promotions at different aggregation levels.

In spite of all these advantages, I would use the promotion planning functionality with caution. Promotion planning introduces more complexity into your DP solution. There are some system restrictions of how promotion planning interacts with other DP functionality. Review the SAP implementation recommendations for your release for details. For example, promotion bases can only use characteristics but not navigational attributes.

The BI interface may be a simpler approach. In either case, the major complexity of integration is managing the planning levels/ hierarchies that are typically different in TPM and DP.

Rishi Menon

Answers (0)