cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPHANA - Unable to edit a Attribute View

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I created an attribute view through HANA studio and activated it. Some time later I edited this view and tried to activate it again with changes it's giving me error. Please refer below snap shot -

What I am understanding from error "Create public synonym" is that system is trying to create again another attribute view with same name, ideally it should update it.

Please help.

Regards,

Ashwini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Issue was with current version of DB. Ideally in case of update DB drops existing object and then create new. In my case it was trying to create new w/o dropping it.

Basis colleagues updated DB version from Rev 70 to Rev 72.

Regards,

Ashwini

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Although a stupid suggestion, but can you please try closing the studio and open again. Try to activate the view after re-opening the studio. It worked for me in past. Worth a try.

Regards,

Ravi

brian_keenan
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes! plug it out and plug it back in

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You mean HANA Server.. right..

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi & Brian,

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately I tried these ideas in advance but did not work . I asked few of my team mates to try same but they also got same issue.

I added another system to HANA studio, I am not facing any issue with this new system. Problem is with specific system only.

Difference between old & new system is that old system used HANA DB whereas new one use MaxDB.

Regards,

Ashwini

former_member184768
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

I think you are internal to SAP, I am sure you'll get better and faster response on your internal forums. May be somebody can take a look at your HANA system and check if the repository has been modified or not.

Sometimes such issue may occur due to mismatching versions of Studio and HANA database. But it used to happen in the past. Can you please confirm your Studio and HANA revisions ?

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I am in touch with relevant team.

FYI...HANA Studio Version - 1.0.7000

DB Version - 1.00.70.00.386119(NewDB100_REL)  

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

Is this behavior only for this view?

And also is anyother team member is also working on the same? are they also facing the same issue like you are facing?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu