cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use a dummy message type in synchronous interface?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have an synchronous interface (ABAP Proxy to HTTP_AAE) where I have generated the required target structure by third party(bank) by using java mapping, so no graphical mapping has been utilized.

I have created the four data types (ProxyReq, HttpReq(to bank), Httpresp(from bank), ProxyResp(to ECC)) similarly four message types and synchronous inbound and outbound service interface, also the operation mapping. Below are the ProxyReq and HttpReq(to bank) structures.

ProxyReq

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><PaymentInfoMessage>

<PaymentInfoRequest>

<CompanyCode>123</CompanyCode>

<BankCode>345</BankCode>

<StartDate>19/02/2014</StartDate>

<EndDate>19/02/2014</EndDate>

<TransactionType>MT940</TransactionType>

</PaymentInfoRequest>

</PaymentInfoMessage>

HttpReq(to bank Generated by Java Mapping) from operation mapping test tab

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><PaymentInfoMessage>

<PaymentInfoRequest>

<CompanyCode>123</CompanyCode>

<BankCode>345</BankCode>

<StartDate>19/02/2014</StartDate>

<EndDate>19/02/2014</EndDate>

<TransactionType>MT940</TransactionType>

</PaymentInfoRequest>

</PaymentInfoMessage>=strXmldata

I have created a dummy HttpReq(to bank) data types and message types without any fields, as shown below but I have not used this message types to generate my output payload, as I have generated by using java mapping from ProxyReq(input payload).

I created this dummy message type because I required selecting the request and response message in outbound service interface.

Question

1- I have not tested the interface with bank yet, however I just want to know is there any harm if I use dummy message type(Httpreq) and the this message types is not been utilizing for generating output payload(to bank), as I have generated by java mapping. 

Though I am not using this dummy message type (Httpreq) for generating output payload(to bank), but as we know we need to select this dummy message type as “Response message” type in outbound service interface.

Please let me know if this can cause any problem for me.

Thanks,

Farhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor

Hi Farhan,

Adding to what Amit said, it really does not matter what is your input/output message types declared in the service interface as long as the operation in receiver det/interface det is NOT operation-specific. This way it does not validate the input message with regards to the operation.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Amit and Mark for the response. You guys are awesome

I have marked Mark answer as correct answer, however any visitors can refer both the answers.

Regards,

Farhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, there is no harm since u are using JM to generate output structures in PI.

In case of XSLT and JM, PI don't validate structures at runtime (however the same doesn't hold true for Message Mapping)

Thanks

Amit Srivastava