cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error at installation of MaxDB Studio on win7 64Bit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Iam running into an installation error by installing MaxDB Studio with >> maxdb-studio-win-64bit-x86_64-7_9_08_01.exe<<

I had a long time ago this software installed but the MAxDB Studio is no longer working.

So I deleted this directories manually:

C:\Program Files\sdb

with sub directory MaxDB3 !!! an all others

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAPDB

C:\Users\<username>\sdb

My Java-Version accoring to installation is Java/TM) 6 Update25(64bit), Oracle, 6.0.350

By reinstalling I am a bit irritated becaus ethe Installation Manager now says as Installation Name: MaxDB4

and as Installation path: C:\Program Files\sdb\MaxDB4

I thoungt I could install it new, but Iam runing into the following errors:

ERR: Cannot install package Installer

ERR: Cannot persist package

ERR: Cannot create new installed package

ERR: Package already exitsts

ERR: Skipping installation of package Global Listener due to previous errors (root cuase package installer)

ERR: Skipping installation of package Installation Compatibility due to previous errors (root package Installer)

My question is, what do I do wrong have I forgto ro delete somethiung so I can start form scratch on wit the reinstallation?

Roland

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved:

Solution:

Delete all JAVA on clinet and reinstall it.

Download newest MaxDB-Studio from SAP as mentioned in

1672252 - SAP MaxDB Software Download (SWDC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

please never delete installed MaxDb software on OS level, but use SDBUNINST to to uninstall software. sdbuninst is part of each MaxDB software installation. sdbuninst does not remove the software only but also removed registry entries.

This will always be the prefered way to remove MaxDB software installations.

Regards, Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

thanks for that hint, but my prblem was not about a deinstallation of a MaxDB, it was about the Database Studio for MaxDB.

The lack of information I had, was to to recover the Database Studio for MaxDB, in case you closed all tabs like Explorer and Outline.

window with yes and the Perspective of Database Studio for MaxDB is back again.

Roland