cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pass a parameter at runtime in BODashbaord

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying for Barchart using "MII 14.0 BusinessObjects Dashboards Integration guide". I followed the document and successfully run the barchart from Business Object Dashboard. I am using Dashboard version 6.0.70 and build 14,0,7,1147.

I need to pass a parameter at runtime. For generting the dashboard, I harcoded a value in the excel sheet for Bind Input Parameter for Param.1. Preview displays the exact Barchart.

I exported the chart into HTML file which generates HTML and .swf files.

I do not know how to pass the input value from the generated HTML files to .swf file.

If any one knows about how to pass input variable to BO Dsahboard, Please let me know.

Thanks,l

Raman N

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

You can use the optional variable FLASHVARS to do this.

If the swf is embedded in the HTML with EMBED tag then the syntax is as below

<EMBED src="Test.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="800" HEIGHT="600"

NAME="myMovieName" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"

play="true" loop="true"

FLASHVARS="VarName1=VarValue1&VarName2=VarValue2"

PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

</EMBED>

If you have used the Object Tag then the syntax is as below

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="550" height="400" id="myFlashMovie" align="middle">

<param name=FlashVars value="VarName1=VarValue1&VarName2=VarValue2"/>

</object>

This means that Parameters are separated by &.

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Partha,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Execute Query Template in BODashboard. I set Param.1 with a cell in excel as Bind Input Parameter.

Can I set Param.1 as "Order1" as  <param name=FlashVars value="Param.1=Order1"/> ?

Also I want to know how to set Param.1 dynamically at runtime.

The exported html file contains both <EMBED> and <OBJECT> tag. Which one should be used?

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>Material.swf</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<BODY>

<OBJECT classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"

codebase="http://fpdownload.adobe.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0"

WIDTH="1024" HEIGHT="768" id="myMovieName">

<PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="Material.swf">

<PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high">

<PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF">

<PARAM NAME="play" VALUE="true">

<PARAM NAME="loop" VALUE="true">

<PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE="#FFFFFF">

<EMBED src="Material.swf" quality=high bgcolor=#FFFFFF WIDTH="1024" HEIGHT="768"

NAME="myMovieName" ALIGN="" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"

play="true" loop="true"

PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash">

</EMBED>

</OBJECT>

</BODY>

</HTML>

After importing to MII work bench, while running the HTML file, browser shows "Initializing" and page never get loaded. I am using JRE 1.6_21. Whether any security settings need to be done?

Thanks,

Raman N

ponilango_p
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Raman,

You can pass the parameters through the Object tag params.

In case of deploying the html and swf file on the same MII Web folder, your above BO auto-generated HTML code will work without any problem at all.

In case of deploying and exposing the link from a BO Apache server link, then please follow Sam's response (), to edit your crossdomain.xml at XMII & BO Servers

Hope it helps!!

With regards,

Poni

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raman

I will try to answer the questions 1 by 1.

1. As far as I know you cannot do this directly. You will have to map Param.1 to an excel cell using the MII Connector for Dashboard. Map the cell to a variable as well. Then use that variable to set the value in the cell. The value in the cell will get mapped to Param.1. In Dashboards everything happens through the excel cells.

2. Dynamically doing this in runtime is pure javascript magic. You will have a JS function which will read the value at runtime and set it to the variable value. You may use Embed or Object tag whichever you feel is easy.

3. This should not be a JAVA issue. Check whether the On Load property for the connection is set correctly and the Query Template is reachable and works correctly. You may also check MII logs to see if anything is printed there.

Regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

Thanks for your reply.

Where to check "On Load property for the connection is set correctly".

From BODashboard, I can view the data. "the Query Template is reachable and works correctly" - Is it from Dashboard or anything else?

Please give more details of both.

Thanks,

Raman N