Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Number of Files with Dynamic Folder

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an interface scenario from IDoc to File.

IDoc could generate a dynamic number of files in dynamic folder.

IDoc could generate 3/4/5 files at the following sample directory:

/root/AAA/output.xml

/root/BBB/output.xml

/root/CCC/output.xml

the "AAA", "BBB", "CCC" part comes from the IDoc content.

I've tried Using ASMA to get the dynamic directory, but it seems that all files generated at "/root/CCC/output.xml" the last IDoc content.

Seems that the dynamic Directory value can only be populated once for one Message Mapping.

Is there any workaround to this?

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've tried Using ASMA to get the dynamic directory, but it seems that all files generated at "/root/CCC/output.xml" the last IDoc content.

Seems that the dynamic Directory value can only be populated once for one Message Mapping.

Yes, that is standard behavior of dynamic configuration in multi-mapping. You need to use variable substitution for your requirement (search in SDN).

Regards,

Mark

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Suwandi,

Another alternative to multi-mapping is to use a file lookup. By defect you can send always the first file with the classical ASMA parameters. For the file 2 to n you can use a UDF or java mapping to send them (File Lookup in UDF - Process Integration - SCN Wiki)

Regards.

gagandeep_batra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

As Mark said this is standard behavior... you can refer following blog that may help.

Regards

GB

ankit_srivastava3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Suwandi,

As already pointed out by Mark, it would be better to use "Variable Substitution". Please refer the link:

Dynamic file name and directory in Receiver File Adapter - summary of possibilities - Process Integr...

Regards,

Ankit

former_member191435
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

We can use Dynamic Configuration for Multi Mapping. As Mark suggested use variable substitution.

One IDOC to Multiple Files sending to Multiple folders of the FTP using single Communication Channel...

Still face any issues please let us know..

Thanks,

Srinivas