cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL invalid chain (IPad)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I´ve upgraded the work manager for SAP from 5.3 to 6.1 an now all our Ipads have a problem with the SSL connection. (see the messages below)

The return message of the certificate installation (IOS 6.1) is ok. But it´s not possible to communicate with the agentry Server.

Other clients (windows and android) are running well.

The certificate Connection retun code: trustfull (in German: vertrauenswürdig)

I´m using Agentry Client: v6.1.3.10212 ...

... and the message is:

Does anyone has experiences with this Topic?

Thanks in advance

Volker

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using SMP 2.3 SP03 PL1 for Work Manager 6, you need need to create a new certificate for the server and then install the certificate on the device.

See the other topics on this same question:

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen

thank you for the quick reaction.

I´ve seen all the posts you mentioned before I wrote the message. But our case seemed to be another one. Since that time the problem was solved.

Solution:

The server certificate (PFX-file) had a private and a public key included.

We excluded the private key and created a new file (CRT -file).

With this certificate type the IPad works well now.

regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since SMP 3 SP4, the default certificate is part of a keystore file. To get the Apple compatible certificate file, use the Keystore Explorer and export the certificate chain of the smp_crt using options "Head Only", "X.509" and PEM selected. This results in a cer-file which can be imported on the Apple device.

Regards

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For my apple devices I usually just email the smp_crt.cer file to myself and open directly from email to import on the device.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

in my SP4 installation, there was no cer-file in the Server/configuration folder. Instead there is a smp_keystore.jks containing the smp_crt keys. Do you still have the cer-file?

Regards, Daniel

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes I believe I do but I've changed keys so many times and recreate it each time I don't recall for sure if it was there or not.

--Bill