cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy SOAP sender acknowledgement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a Proxy(GEC) -> PI -> JMS scenario.

Whenever this interface runs , and ack interface is also created.

Example:

Sender Component : BC_GEC

Interface : MerchandiseService_Out

Reciever : BC_JMS

Interface : ArticleDetails_In

So whenever a message is triggered from GEC I see an entry in message monitor.

Additionally I also see a entry from BC_JMS interface :  MerchandiseService_Out, which is basically the Ack that finally errors out.

This is causing a lot of unnecessary backlog in our system.

How can we stop these acks from getting created?

Or how else can we handle them?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer to the below note,

2263544 - Stopping System Acknowledgement for enterprise service msg

Thanks,

Vijay

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might also be the case that your sender-side implementation includes requesting those acknowledgements. If you did not plan to use them, simply get rid of the code responsible for requesting acks before the proxy is called.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

Indrajit,

I tried setting the XI.AckFinal to false, but it did not make any difference.

Greg, this is a standard enterprise service that im using and not a custom proxy , so im unable to control the acks being requested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Ideally this parameter should suppress system ack which is getting triggered from JMS adapter.

So, are u sure u have used this parameter correctly, i mean it's case sensitive?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - What is the QOS you have selected in your soap sender channel? If it is be BE change it to EO

Have a look at the below thread and it might be the same issue with you too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think your JMS application is triggering the acknowledgement which you have not handled in PI.

Check with JMS team and ask them to change the application process so that it will not trigger any acknowledgement back.

Check the below link for details

Configuring the Receiver JMS Adapter - Enabling Application-to-Application Processes - SAP Library

9.  The adapter can send back a synchronous system acknowledgement if the sender requests it. The acknowledgment confirms that the message was delivered to the receiver.

○  If you want to send back a synchronous system acknowledgment, set XI.AckFinal=true. This is the default.

○  If you want to prevent a synchronous system acknowledgement from being sent back, even if the sender requests it, set XI.AckFinal=false.