cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC_ADAPTER: APPLICATION_ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have 3rd Application that running with SAP with SAP PI as Middleware. I used "asynchronous" method for RFC connection between SAP PI with 3rd Application , and synchronous RFC between PI and ECC.

I have test the RFC at PI Dev and everything seems running well. but when on Production, i can see from my SXMB_MONI :

- i am getting one entries with iron grey circle, double click it and shows the Log of the process :

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="1">

<SAP:Category>Application</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="RFC_ADAPTER">APPLICATION_ERROR</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">ZFM_HMU033.Exception</SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

the error only say RFC_ADAPTER: APPLICATION_ERROR and dont have more information about the error.

how i can solve this problem ? pls hellpp mee..

Best regards,

Marvin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin

Looks like the problem is with the input data or the function module code. The function module has

thrown an exception.

Take the payload from MONI and run the function module in dev system. See if it fails or not.

If it fails there as well, then must have to be the data issue.

If it runs on dev successfully, then please compare the code in ECC using remote comparison.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Indrajit,

i have test at DEV with the same xml at Production, the RFC was successfull at DEV system.

i have compare the function at DEV and PRD system and it shows "the programs are identical" .

so.. it means that the function is same right ?

regards,

marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes the program looks good then. Please check your PI objects in both DEV and PROD and see

if there are any mismatch or not.

Also refresh the cache as suggested by Inaki.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Inaki and Indrajit,

the problem is solved, thanks for your help.

the problem is, the logo at smartform was not uploaded to production, so the PI cannot understand the file that ECC sent to PI, and the error says "graphic cannot be displayed".

thanks you again.

Best Regards,

Marvin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

You can check a possible exception in the ECC endpoint with the transaction st22. Also, If you have changed the RFC interface you should do a CPA cache refresh (http://HOST:PORT/CPACache/refresh?mode=full with PIDIRUSER)

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vila,

i have checked the ST22 but there is no dump log that are recorded at ST22.

is there any other way to trace the problems ?

maybe i will try to refresh cache later.

regards,

marvin

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marvin,

The problem could be in the RFC interface, check currency and datum fields.

To trace the problems you have the communication channel monitoring and the message monitoring form RWB.

The only way to debug the call an RFC that i know it must be done in quality or development environment, never in production. You set an external breakpoint in the receiver ECC code, later you make call, (the external breakpoint must be done with the same user that the user set in the RFC PI adapter).

Regards.