Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading PO in SRM 7 EHP2 from flat file

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to upload all the open POs from my SRM 5.0 system to SRM 7 EHP2 system.

Is there any SAP provided standard program to download POs from SRM 5.0 in a flat file?

Is there any SAP provided standard program to upload POs from flat file to SRM 7 ehp2?

If yes please share the details.

I also read about uploading and downloading of purchasing document in the following link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm702/helpdata/EN/45/f725350ce02312e10000000a11466f/content.htm

However not too sure whether i can use this feature to fulfill my requirement.Any thoughts around this?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please?

Regards,

Ashish

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Not sure what has caused you to reload these POs from one SRM system to another. Upgrade of SRM system will not cause reload of these POs.

In SRM, it will not be so easy to reload the POs as it would need valid BPs for requisitioner, Goods recipient, location, company, vendor and other entities. Also, valid addresses need to match the uploaded files. Apart from that GUIDs need to be the same etc.

In essence, it is a major exercise if you decide to reload POs.

If the volume is not too much I suggest to recreate SCs and POs by switching off the workflow. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ravi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi, for your sugestion.

However my requirement is to load all the Open POs from SRM 5.5 to SRM 7 system.

We are not upgrading from SRM 5.5 to SRM 7; its a new implementation of SRM 7.

I was looking for SAP standard solution for this however looks like there is no such standard solution and i will have to design my own solution.

I am planning to use BAPI_POEC_CREATE to create a PO in SRM 7.0 Extended classic system.

I will validate requisitioner, Goods recipient, location, company, vendor from SRM tables.

Apart from this do you have any other suggestion on validations?

Regards,
Ashish

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Workflows can be tricky to handle. You need to switch off the workflow and notifications (SMTP) before you trigger any upload. This may save you a lot of troubles specially when business comes back asking the justifications of each notification sent out.

One option to consider could be to create these migrated POs with a different document type in ECC directly (They may still exist in ECC if ECC box has not been through re-implementation) as the  business worth of these POs would be to invoice them at some point. Only trouble is that SRM will not be in sync for these POs and there will not be any history of these POs in SRM but this hardly matters when the reporting is directly through ECC knowing the fact that SRM provides minimum reports.

Regards,

Ravi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I don't need to handle my workflow as for PO(according to existing requirements) WF does not get triggered for PO Creation, it only gets triggered for PO change. Lucky me

While i am creating a PO using BAPI_POEC_CREATE FM as per following thread:

I am getting few errors:

Enter exactly one partner of type Supplier

Supplier 0020000000 not intended for purch. org.

Partner of type Supplier is not authorized for this document; check entry,

However with the same data i have few POs created when these were created from a SC via Portal.

Any idea what is causing this error?

Regards,

Ashish

former_member216093
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Few of these errors, I know about:

Enter exactly one partner of type Supplier

Ans: Check partner function for vendor's BP, if there are more than one BP for PF 19 or 39, this error will appear. Check in BBP_PD.

Supplier 0020000000 not intended for purch. org.

Ans: Just check the PGRP and associated PORG to make sure that the supplier is available in PORG.

Partner of type Supplier is not authorized for this document; check entry,

Ans: Just check if PF 39(Preferred vendor) is among the business partners on the SC.

Regards,

Ravi

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I managed to solve this,

Earlier i was assigning Item GUID as parent guid of supplier's BP.

*ls_po_partner-parent_guid  = ls_po_items-item_guid.

As soon as i assigned header GUID as parent guid of supplier's BP, it started working and now PO is created using BAPI_POEC_CREATE.

ls_po_partner-parent_guid  = ls_po_header-businessprocess.

Thanks for your help Ravi.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Answers (0)