cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapinst error after oracle software installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in the process of installing NW 7.4 SR1 on Oracle 11.2.0.3... Completed the pre-requisite check & went through the steps normally till the prompt for installation of Oracle database software. Installed the database software successfully and restarted sapinst. Now, when I try to proceed from the Oracle database step, I get the below error (screenshot attached as well).

Oracle database software is not yet installed.

SOLUTION: Install the Oracle database software using the RUNINSTALLER.

Can someone please advise any solution on how to move forward?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Amer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello

Create a folder 112_64 under /oracle/SID

You don' need to to create a directory called 112_64 under /oracle/SID instead it should be a symbolic link. You install Oracle under /oracle/SID/11203 file system. To create a symbolic link follow this.

su - orasid

cd /oracle/SID

ln -s 11203 112_64

A directory by the name of Oracle exists with the below permissions.

drwsr-s--x   2 oragpr     dba             96 Feb 18 17:10 oracle

Within this Oracle directory, there is an Oracle file with following permissions.

-rwxr-xr-x   1 oragpr     dba        553609648 Feb 18 17:10 oracle

The installation of Oracle is not done properly. The oracle should be a binary file and not a directory.

Delete everything under /oracle/SID/11203

Create the symbolic link as suggested above.

Re-install Oracle and after this the SAP installer will work for sure.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue has been resolved. I deleted everything under /oracle/SID/11203, recreated the soft link and restarted the Oracle installer but got the below error.

Please use another Oracle home

Therefore, I additionally deleted the oraInventory directory under /oracle and was able to install Oracle successfully. Re-executed ./sapinst and this time, was able to proceed further. Right now, the import ABAP phase is being executed.

Many thanks to all who replied to my post and tried to help. Appreciate the guidance!

Kind regards,

Amer.

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great.

Which location did you use to install Oracle this time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I used the same location as before..

/oracle/SID/11203

Kind regards,

Amer.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not a error. You have to install oracle now. Please follow the installation guide, the steps are clearly given there.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I have ALREADY installed the Oracle database software. This is what I wrote in my original post. Despite the software being installed, sapinst is not proceeding from that Oracle step onwards.

Kind regards,

Amer.

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

I hope you would have followed the steps given in installation guide.

Which user did you use to install DB?

Can you login to oracle as ora<sid> on SQLPlus?

Regards

Abhi

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Could you confirm that you have used RUNINSTALLER to perform oracle software installation.

Secondly what is the oracle home set during the installation ?

With which user did you perform the Oracle s/w installation ?

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

I have followed the steps in the guide. To install the software, I used the ora<sid> user. I believe it is not possible to login to Oracle at this time as the database is not populated but when I tried, I got the below error.

xxxxxrd1:oragpr 1> sqlplus /nolog

sqlplus: Command not found.

Before I wrote this post on the forum, I also simulated re-installing the Oracle software but got the error

"Oracle is already installed in home /oracle/XXX/11203. Please use another home to install Oracle database software".

Kind regards,

Amer.

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

The oracle should have been installed in /oracle/XXX/112_64 instead of /oracle/XXX/11203. As it is the filesystem naming convention is required by SAP.

Please uninstall the existing installation and install oracle on 112_64 folder. It will work then...

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

For your answers...

1. Confirmed using RUNINSTALLER.

2. /oracle/XXX/11203

3. ora<sid>

Kind regards,

Amer.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Do one thing

Create a folder 112_64 under /oracle/SID.

Create softlink from 11203 to 112_64 using the command

ln -sf /oracle/SID/112_64 /oracle/SID/11203.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please upload 11ginstall_11203.log file from /oracle/<SID> directory (preferrably as attachment). And use /oracle/<SID>/11203 directory as installation directory (IHRDBMS). /oracle/<SID>/112_64 (OHRDBMS) should be a softlink to your IHRDBMS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I've already tried that.. If we make the folder 112_64, the softlink cannot be created. The command will simply not execute.

Kind regards,

Amer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

I've uploaded the 11ginstall_11203.log file as an attachment. I've created the softlink using command ln -s 11203 /oracle/GPR/112_64 but still unable to move forward with sapinst.

Kind regards,

Amer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide output from command ls /oracle/GPR/11203?

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

Oracle has been installed successfully. Could you please attach sapinstdev.log

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

The output is below.

EMStage          csmig            has              jlib             olap             racg             timingframework

OPatch           css              hs               ldap             opmn             rdbms            ucp

apex             ctx              ide              lib              oraInst.loc      relnotes         uix

assistants       cv               install          log              oracore          root.sh          utl

bin              dbs              instantclient    md               ord              scheduler        wwg

ccr              dc_ocm           inventory        mesg             oui              slax             xdk

cdata            deinstall        j2ee             mgw              owb              sqldeveloper

cfgtoollogs      demo             javavm           network          owm              sqlj

clone            diagnostics      jdbc             nls              perl             sqlplus

config           dv               jdev             oc4j             plsql            srvm

crs              emcli            jdk              odbc             precomp          sysman

Kind regards,

Amer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I've attached the log file.

Kind regards,

Amer.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amer,

As per the logs

TRACE      2014-02-19 11:16:15.650

NWDBora._isDbSwInstalledOnUnix(found filename: /oracle/GPR/112_64/bin/sqlplus)

TRACE      2014-02-19 11:16:15.650

WARNING: file not found: /oracle/GPR/112_64/bin/oracle

Could you check whether /oracle/GPR/112_64/bin/oracle exists. If yes, what is the permission on this file.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please attach latest installActions<timestamp>.log file from /oracle/GPR/11203/cfgtoolslogs/oui directory.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

A directory by the name of Oracle exists with the below permissions.

drwsr-s--x   2 oragpr     dba             96 Feb 18 17:10 oracle

Within this Oracle directory, there is an Oracle file with following permissions.

-rwxr-xr-x   1 oragpr     dba        553609648 Feb 18 17:10 oracle

I feel something is wrong here. The QA system that I installed previously without any errors does NOT have an Oracle directory. Rather, it only has an Oracle file with permissions as under.

-rwsr-s--x   1 oragqa     dba        553609648 Feb  4 09:40 oracle

The difference between both files that I can see is the execution permission. The QA file has -rws while the PRD one has -rwx. Any idea what may be wrong where?

Kind regards,,

Amer.