cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict change in usage decision- SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to restrict changes in usage decision after the lot has been posted in SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do not give authorization of QA12 to users.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what if I want to just restrict the change to quality score in usage decision?

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As much as I know, you do not control quality score separately. They are associated with UD codes (you maintain them in QS51). So in any way, you control UD.

ntn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks nitin. I will check.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sure. And please be kind enough to close the thread once your issue is resolved.

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Want to add something,

Actually we can Change Qscore on Usage decision Screen.

I am not sure about creating Authorization object for Qscore but have a discussion with Basis guy and ask if we can put Activity control so that it will be allowed only for display for particular User. Do not do this if you have to change standard Program.

One more thing you can do is make it "Display" only.

Go to OQFA, Enter Module pool as SAPMQEVA, Click on Change, double click on "Inspection lot: usage decision" and Make Quality Score field as Display.

Negative thing is it will be displayed to ALL users.

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good info shared Amol

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amol,

I ran a test case with the settings. In our settings, it is maintained as 'Input'. When I changed it to Required or Hide or something else, it behaves accordingly.

Therefore, making it Required/Input, one can modify the Q-score. If this is to be prevented, make it Hide or Display and it worked. That's correct.

Just let me know one thing, if I need to collectively control both, Is there a way around other than Authorization control?

ntn

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the time of UD (QA11) you want Qscore to be input and at QA12 you want it to be Display. Am I right?

May be User exit like QEVA0001 will Help. We will have to explore. I have not worked on this Exit yet. 

Amol.

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. Somewhat similar thing. I thought of it on the basis of this query.

If user has authorization for changing UD, then Q-score can be controlled using the method you suggested i.e OQFA stuff. Else, it can be controlled via Authorization object!!

I'm just thinking of different ways of controlling

ntn