Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mantain order at runtime in case of single inbound interface

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that if you have multiple inbound interfaces then "maintain order at runtime" option in interface determination allows us to make sure that the first inbound interface gets called first and then only the second inbound interface is called.

However what will happen if the "maintain order at runtime" is ticked and we have specified only a single inbound interface. Will it still create a sequence of messages for that single inbound interface  OR will it have no effect

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Will it still create a sequence of messages for that single inbound interface  OR will it have no effect

No, i don't think that it will create any sequence. U cannot process different messages in sequence for a single inbound interface just by checking this option.

This option would be helpful in case u have multiple inbound interfaces.

BTW, what's ur exact requirement?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

Yes, it will have impact on single inbound interface also when you have 1 : N mapping.

We have already implemented this for one of our scenario when we were having 1:N mapping with a single inbound interface.

So all the messages which will be generated after mapping, will be put in a single queue so that they will be processed in order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Indrajit,

YES, I know that if we use multimapping then this option will have an impact but again it means that u are splitting one inbound message into multiple outbound messages (of same type), but if u read my reply properly i am talking about different messages so no multimapping.

Hope i am clear enough

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

Maintain order at run-time only has value when we are using multi mapping.It can be either one outbound interface to multiple inbound interface or one outbound interface to one inbound interface but multiple inbound message.

Any other scenarios will not have any impact for maintain order at run-time.

former_member182455
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain Order at runtime - will allow the system to decide data need to be pushed to which receiver. This is very useful when you have more than one receiver and you wanted to confirm delivery of one before another in consecutive steps

it's normally used  in adapters which don't support EOIO

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

Yes, it maintains the order for the inbound interface specified.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema - AFAIK - It'll still maintain the order for the specified inbound interface(receiver adapter should also support)