cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CLM WBS field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Im working in CLM integration with ECC and we need to have WBS fileld in CLM, Is there a way to activate this fileld in the line item information?

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha,

You should be able to do this but on the Line item specifications tab. (since you cannot add extensions on line items).

1. Create extension field on Line item Specifications section

2. Change the Message types in PI (by copying to customer namespace) on both the Sourcing and the ERP message types

3. Complete the mapping of the extension to ERP field in PI

4. Change code in the ERP RFC to handle this new WBS field

Hope this helps

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad:

So is not possible to add new field at a line item level? because in my case we need to add one WBS per line item.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martha,

when you add field on the Line item Specification it is direly related to the Line item. You will need an additional step to navigate to that tab.

PS: This is the usual and only way you can add any extensions at a line item level.

Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad,

Im trying to create extension field, in setup--> extension definition--> new, but I cannot find line item specification in the extended class name list, is there a way to add line item specification section?

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martha

you do not need to create an extension in line item specification, i think it is not feasible as well. Anyways, create a template and add a specification in the template, you can add it as required so that when user creates a document from template he is forced to enter a value in case line items are added in the document (if required) otherwise keep it as optional. you can enhance the interface to map buyer specification.

Answers (0)