Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBSL Questions

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I have the following questions regarding DBSL:

- As theses files are not included in the SAP Kernel archives,  How often should it be updated?

- What happen if you have an updated kernel with an old DBSL? Are there performance issues?

- What happen if I have an old kernel like 7.01 and replace it with 720 (EXT) or 721 (EXT), Do I need to update the DBSL mandatory, according the new sap kernel release?

What other files are not included in kernel archives and should be update regulary?

Regards,

JAM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jam

Hope you are doing good.

- As theses files are not included in the SAP Kernel archives,  How often should it be updated?

If you are speaking about the lib_dbsl.XXX-XXX.sar file under the DB part of the kernel then the files that come with this archive are present in the SAPEXEDB_XXX-XXX.SAR

- What happen if you have an updated kernel with an old DBSL? Are there performance issues?

Not really a suggested practice. You need to make sure that all the kernel files are on the same level (most importantly on the same release level).

- What happen if I have an old kernel like 7.01 and replace it with 720 (EXT) or 721 (EXT), Do I need to update the DBSL mandatory, according the new sap kernel release?

There will be compatibility issues if there are kernel files from an older release and most probably there will be dispatcher related issues during the start up of the SAP system.

If you read the SAP note for installing a specific kernel release it clearly says that the kernel files from the old release should be deleted.

1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Delete all of the files from the kernel directory, including the subdirectories. This ensures that there are no remaining files from the earlier release, which have a different name in Release 7.20 or are in a different place in a subdirectory.

What other files are not included in kernel archives and should be update regulary?

As long as you have a stable kernel then there is no need to update the kernel.

But if you update the kernel then consider updating the BRTools as well.

The standard kernel archives are sufficient enough for a normal kernel update but if you use the functions IGS, RFCSDK, etc then you need to download them separately and update them as well.

Regards

RB

JAMpe
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Reagan,

My bad, i thought the DBSL was not included in SAPEXEDB_XXX-XXX.SAR file.

All other questions are clear now.

Regards,

JAM

Answers (0)