cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC -> XI -> SOAP: JCO.Server could not find server function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we implemented a SAP Process Integration scenario where a synchronous RFC is called in a ERP system, transmitted to SAP PI and transformed to a SOAP request. The result is given back in the RFC response.

Sometimes we get an ABAP dump in the calling ERP system with the error message: "JCO.Server could not find server function ... ".

This error does not occur permanently! Most of the time the function can be called and the result is given back correctly. E. g. if we call the function twice in a row, the error is shown with the second call.

I already tried to modify the parameters "Maximum Connections" (from 1 to 5) and "Maximum Reconnect Delay" (to 5). See http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/67/6d0540ba5ee569e10000000a155106/content.htm

But the result was the same....

We have other ERP systems where similar processes (RFC -> PI -> SOAP) work fine with every call. What could be the reason for this error?

Best regards,
David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think I found the solution:

Within the function call from ERP to PI I did not have any exception handling.

I added

EXCEPTIONS
    OTHERS       = 1.

to the RFC within the ABAP coding and now it's always working correctly.

I do not know, why the call fails sometimes, if this is not included, but now it's ok.

Best regards,

David

EDIT:

Ok, the problem still exists, but with every second or third call, the function comes with SY-SUBRC = 1...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davis,

I'm facing same problem. Did u find any solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it's solved, the problem was, that two RFC communication channels of two different SAP ERP systems shared the same program ID. The program ID has to be unique. Once I modified the program IDs the problem did not occur anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have checked already. Everything is ok. However I am facing problem

Bean xxxxx not found on host xxxx, ProgId =xxxx: Object not

Sometime it's working, sometime not.(out of 10 it;s working 3 time only)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In your RFC sender cc and in SM59, is the gateway and host pointing to your XI system (with the same settings as LCRSAPRFC and SAPSLDAPI)? If yes, then please follow this blog by Michal

. This is the correct way of configuring the RFC sender adapter.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear both,

thanks for you answers.

When the error occurs, there is no message on PI. Everything which is forwarded to PI also is processed correctly. But sometimes the message does not reach PI and the backend SAP system shows: "JCO.Server could not find server function ... ".

The error only occurs sometimes. However the connection test in SM59 is always ok.

Best regards,
David

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David - How does the PI channel behave? Does it show any error message?