cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOCs in XSD format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm currently looking for an website where different versions of IDOCs could be downloaded e.g. as an XSD. This used to be possible at http://ifr.sap.com. Unfortunately this website is no longer available....

I need a resource like that as I'm writing a paper where IDOCs are used as examples and would like to provide references for people in research that have never seen an IDOC before. Therefore also a website showing documentation of various IDOCs might be useful.

Thanks for your help.

Christian

Message was edited by:

D038822

Edit because of some missing info...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if you have access to SAP you can use transaction WE60 to export IDOC schema

from the documentation menu

Regards,

michal

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal

The problem is that the target audience is in the research community. They will most likely not have access to sap system. Therefore I would need a website that could be used as a reference.

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have probably got the answer to this question in the meantime, so this reply is really for those who still have a need to share the XSD of an IDoc definition with those who either a) do not have access to an SAP System or b) the IDoc concerned is not defined in their SAP System.

You can display the IDoc using WE60 in the SAP System in which the IDoc is defined and from the resulting display you can download the XSD to a file on your PC then mail it to the interested party.

Here is the procedure:

1. In the SAP System in which the IDoc is defined, call transaction WE60 (IDoc Documentation).

2. Enter the name of the IDoc in the Basic type field (or the Enhancement field if your IDoc is an Enhancement of a standard SAP IDoc).

3. Choose menu Documentation, XML Schema.

4. Respond Yes, if prompted to 'Generate Documentation for Unicode File'.

5. On the resulting screen containing the XSD of the IDoc, choose menu XML, Download.

kishu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

What is the difference if you select yes to 'Generate Documentation for Unicode File' compared to selecting no?

Thanks

Kishu

scottdanderson
Discoverer
0 Kudos

WE60 works for Basic and Extensions but what about Reduction IDOC types?