cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where used?!

0 Kudos

Hey,

I know that a "Where used" is not available from standard, but is there any workaround to do something similar for a Adobe interactive

form in the SAP backend?

Cheers,

Josh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean where the form is used any where in SAP? Hmmmm not that I have seen. Often, the forms are called through config, dynamically, or as "strings" in code (like in a function where "form = 'z_my_form'" as a parameter). Therefore, even if possible, you will still not get a full list.

0 Kudos

Yes, I mean where the form is used anywhere in SAP. Too bad that it is not possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

If "strings" in code,you can use Program: RPR_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN to search string from abap programs.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have seen that. The author of the blog developed it. But again, it will be VERY hard (impossible) to get ALL places as many will just be happening at run time. Any reason you need that info for a particular form? Are you changing something and want to make sure you don't "break" it if used elsewhere?

0 Kudos

You are right, im changing something and don't want to break it. But I had several discussions with other developers just to be sure to not break something

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, luckily for you, there isn't a lot you can "break" with a form. If you are adding fields (ie. adding to the context), then anything that does not pass your new field(s) won't really be an issue. I don't **think** you would have an issue with removing a field from the context/interface either except if people are expecting to see it on the form. The forms themselves are fairly self contained. What are you wanting to do?

0 Kudos

I deleted several form objects. Therefore It would have been neat to see if they are still used somewhere in the application.

Answers (0)