Configuring net weaver business client (NWBC) for the first time

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i am new to net weaver business client

i used this tutorial for configuring nwbc

Nwbc how to_get_it_installed_and_runningn

now when i am gonna to test this i came up with error : HTTP 500 internal error

at first i thought this could be due to FQDN error, since i am not in any domain and i use workgroup i followed instruction to set my configuration like this

i put icm/host_full_name in the instance profile as well

my computer name is : saptest (which you can see in the sapglobalhost parameter)

and my full name is : SAPTEST.ent.localhost.com (i put ent.localhost.com in DNS primary prefix)

i have a loopback network adaptor which is set to ip:10.10.0.10,255.255.255.0 and i put these lines in the HOST file in windows directory

10.10.0.10SAPTEST.ent.localhost.com SAPTEST

172.30.10.41 SAPTEST.ent.localhost.com SAPTEST

but the problem is still there

here is also another error in ST22 transaction

PS1 : web GUI is working fine so i guess ICM is okey

PS2 : i did not activate /kyk/gen_aio_simplification in sfw5 transaction

any suggestion to help this would be appreciated

thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to restart your SAP instance after changing the instance profile. The instance profile parameter icm/host_name_full is not dynamically switchable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Samuli Thanks for your reply . but i am aware of this matter and i restarted the service also sever for several times and yet no luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is visible in transaction SMICM -> Services?

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the menu Goto -> Services, press Shift+F1 or click on the 3rd icon from the left in the toolbar. By the way this has nothing to do with Web Dynpro ABAP apart from the exception being thrown from the Web Dynpro ABAP runtime. I'm pinging the space so that others can participate.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks good. And if you execute transaction NWBC, the short URL is still being used?

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

So the long URL is used, the original problem is solved. You may have to activate ICF services, see the documentation for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok after dear Samuli Kaski suggest to run NWBC transactions it gave me a warning about SSO ticket (which i previously deleted in instance profile for test purposes) so i added them again as below

and after login at webpage of nwbc i finally found the problem ( my logon name was a Service Type )

The following error occurred in system ...: The user  must be of type "DIALOG" user. Use transaction SU01 to check the user type.

it is followed here

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2078934

i reallly really thank you dear  Samuli Kaski for reply tips .thank you sir

for the future people who may come here for the same reason this is also a snapshot of the connection info

Answers (0)