cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pi sp patching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

In Sap Netweaver PI 7.4. I am doing patching through spam.In display tab it showing block 1 prerequsite is fine in block 2 prerequsite is missing for sap basis component.ST,712 (SAPKITL801,SAPKITL802).but i did'nt find these components.Please tell me the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just did the same to a PI dual stack 7.31,

Lessons learned. I wanted to avoid using SUM tool. So i built my XML package with MOPZ in SOLMAN, loaded the ABAP stack via SPAM, then went to load the Java patches via JSPM.

JSPM had a patch, updated it, restarted and told me JSPM is no longer supported. I had to go back to use SUM.

Now when running SUM, you will need to start it with a -java only switch. Problem is, your XML document will contain info for ABAP, yet ABAP is already patched..

I had to regenerate a XML again only for my JAVA stack..

Long story short...just use SUM for both stacks.

Also, I thought SAP discontinued dual stack support as of 7.4? Only SOLMAN is supported.

??

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Please use SUM to patch your PI system.

It will help in generating the required target stack upto which you need to patch.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing in Quality server.We already faced same issue in development server but the issue is solved by another person.So,please get me solution for these.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

From your message

In Sap Netweaver PI 7.4. I am doing patching through spam.In display tab it showing block 1 prerequsite is fine in block 2 prerequsite is missing for sap basis component.ST,712 (SAPKITL801,SAPKITL802).

It implies there are 2 possible ways for meeting the pre-requisites. Since in your case Pre-requisite-1 is fulfilled, you can continue with patching. No need to bother for Pre-requisite-2

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I reseted queue.Again updated spam 51 level.now i am getting dump SAPLOCS_EXTIF.when entering into spam i am getting dump.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Please repeat the patch update of SPAM. It should pass through.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

when i am giving spam.A dump appearing.Please tell me the solution

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

Please execute tcode Se37 and re-active the routine SAPLOCS_EXTIF.

Once activated, restart SPAM and check the results.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

i would suggest generate a stack file (XML) from solution manager and the use the XML file in SPAM to apply the patches...