cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver Java connection to SLD

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have problems connecting a NetWeaver Java system to the SLD.

What I did:

I went into NetWeaver Administrator (<host>:<port>/nwa) => Configuration => Destinations

I created a destination with the name SLD_DataSupplier and type HTTP.

I entered URL http://<host of sld>:<port of sld> and the system ID of the SLD as well as the port and language EN, and the user and password of a user defined on the SLD, which has the roles SAP_SLD_CONFIGURATOR, SAP_SLD_DATA_SUPPLIER and SAP_SLD_GUEST (maybe only the first one is needed and contains the other two, not sure) and selected "Ignore SSL Server Certificates".

Ping results in HTTP code 200 ... I think that's okay?

I created another destination with the name SLD_Client and the exact same data.

Then I went to Configuration => Infrastructure => SLD Data Supplier Configuration and clicked the "Collect and Send Data" button and I got a success message "Collect and Send Data completed successfully".

In the Automatic Send field it says "false".

The Success field says "true".

Then I went into the SLD => Technical Systems and clicked refresh. I expect that the Java system should show up there now, but it doesn't.

What could be wrong and how can I analyze this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monika,

Did you check in the SLD if a correct connection was established? You can do this via NWA and then goto Troubleshooting -> Logs and Traces -> Log Viewer. Change the view to Authentication Logs and check if the login with your used SLD user (as described above) was successful. You can do this by entering the username in the "message" column and hit enter. Then you should get entries with either LOGIN.OK or LOGIN.FAILED.

This indicates if at least the connection to SLD was setup properly. If yes, then further analyses can be done.

BR

Harald

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for this advice, I can see that the logins are successful (LOGIN.OK). I used a newly created user that I only put into these two destinations on this one system, so I can be sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which port did you use for <port of sld>? Usually this is 50000? Did you also filter to Process Integration in the Technical Systems section? The system is still missing there?

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I used port 50000.

No, I did not filter the Technical System Type, I left it on "All Application Systems". When I switch it to Process Integration I see six entries for the PI, but the NetWeaver Java system that has problems connecting is not the PI. (The SLD is installed on the (double-stack) PI, the PI is working fine.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Was a misunderstanding. Thought we are talking about a PI system.

Did you compare your setup with the SLD data supplier setup for other Java systems in your landscape? What kind of system do you want to connect?

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I've compared it to the SLD data supplier destination on the Java side of the PI. The URL is the same, but the fields for system ID, client and language are empty. I will try removing these fields.

The system I am connecting is a SAP NW Java 7.4 system with portal, BPM, Visual Composer etc. There is going to be a BPM that will orchestrate some web service calls and it appears that for this the NW Java system should be known to the SLD.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you want to connect a PO system (PI, BPM and BRM) I understand.

There is one more thing you can do. Go to SLD -> Administration -> Changes

Select the date and check if the Java system you want to connect is listed in the change log. If not then there's definitely nothing sent to the SLD from your Java system.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No, it's not a PO system, there is no PI on it. (Because we already have a double-stack PI in place. But there BPM cannot be installed, that would only be possible with a Java-only PI.)

Under SLD -> Administration -> Changes there are 360k changes for today and I'm not sure to what I should limit the search ... any particular class?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Limit the search for the SID of your Java system. Try with wildcards and without.

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I came into work this morning and for no apparent reason whatsoever (nobody else worked on the server) the Java system has magically shown up in the SLD! Last update at 7:13 a.m. this morning.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There was a CR content update running yesterday, which may or may not have finished this morning ... not sure if a running CR content update could have blocked systems from registering temporarily (there is no mentioning in the notes and documentation that this could happen).

/edit: I did not remove the system ID etc. from the destination. It was not possible, there was a sandclock every time I tried and it was not possible to edit it yesterday.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to hear. So everything should be fine now?

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yep, looks fine to me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monika -

>>> This is fine.

"Collect and Send Data" button and I got a success message "Collect and Send Data completed successfully". 

>>>What is the target URL shown here - is it "http://host:port/sld/ds" ?

Also have you executed the second step as shown in below screenshot?

monika_eggers
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hareesh Gampa wrote:

Hi Monika -

>>> This is fine.

Thanks for this information.

"Collect and Send Data" button and I got a success message "Collect and Send Data completed successfully". 

>>>What is the target URL shown here - is it "http://host:port/sld/ds" ?

Yes, that's what it shows.

Also have you executed the second step as shown in below screenshot?

As I wrote in my question, I also created the SLD_Client destination.

BTW is there a way to split quotes (to reply in the middle as I do here) in this forum without having to do it directly in HTML code?