cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting data from Ztables using jdbc adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement where I have to extract data from a Ztable of ISU directly and process it through PI to another nonsap application.So my question is that is it possible to extract data from Z table through jdbc adapter,if yes then from where I can find the connection parameter details.

Also my 2nd question is that there will be huge amount of data for processing,so whether using jdbc adapter will be the right solution.Please suggest.

Thanks in advance...

Sonalika Shekh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Also my 2nd question is that there will be huge amount of data for processing,so whether using jdbc adapter will be the right solution

IMO, it's a bad option.

Use standard SAP protocols (proxy/RFC/zidocs) to pull data from ISU.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonalika,

SAP doesnt recommend to work directly with the SAP DB, i think even they dont support you if for this issue you have any further problem. Please, try to use a RFC or abap proxy for this.

However, if you want to use the JDBC adapter you only need to have the drivers installed in PI and the communication port open, a user for the DB, etc.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm bit confused why are you trying to use JDBC adapter for pulling data from ZTABLES ,why can't you use RFC for the same.

Regards

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is for pulling data from ISU Z table.