cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB to HANA replication via SLT suffers from 8 characters password limitation?

woutdejong
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are trying to replicate data from a NW BPM instance (SAP NW PO (Java) on MaxDB with, let's say, sid PO7) via SLT to SAP HANA.

(Version info: MaxDB 7.9, SLT DMIS 2011 SP5, HANA 1.0 SP6 Rev68.)

So we use the ADBC connection route, via the DBCON table.

We want to use the SAPPO7DB user because it is impossible (we think) to have another MaxDB-user connect to the SAPPO7DB (personal) SCHEMA with all the authorizations described in 1778969 - SAP LT Replication Server: Using MaxDB as non-SAP source .

So we resort to the SAPPO7DB user who has a password of 8+ characters. Connecting via SQL Studio is no problem, however via DBCON and testing via ABAP report ADBC_CHECK_CONNECTION we get "sql error      4.008- occured:  POS(1) Unknown user name/password combination" errors.

When connecting a DUMMY maxdb user with a passowrd of 8 chars, the connection test is successful. With a password of more than 8 chars, the test fails.

So is the DBCON connectivity indeed suffering from the ancient 8 characters password limitation?

If so, how to fix this? Our workaround would be to change the SAPPO7DB password to a new one of 8 characters in length. Of course, we want the PO system to keep on running, so in which configuration thingy would we need to change this password so the app server can connect to the db? (This is my lack of Java Basis knowledge showing...)

Cheers, Wout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p1024029
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Wout,

I am also performing similar replication from PO to HANA which is not working.

Replication scenario : BPM(PO) -> SLT -> HANA

Please see my post :

Please help if you have any idea on this? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Naresh