cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accees Denied on a Web DynPro based iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've created a Wen DynPro application which is working well. I am trying to embed it at the portal, for that I've created a System which is connected to the WAS and used the Web DynPro iView wizard in order to show this application.

The problem is that when I Preview this iView the GUI loads but I am unable to open the combo boxes there for example. At the left side of the browser I receive an "Access Denied" error. What could be the problem here?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

We had the same problem. This happens when you have a theme change. Please refer to this note. This should solve your problem.

OSS Note no : 779659

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it looks like to correct note but even after implementing it I receive an "Access Denied".

The host and port should be the host (In my case ep6sp9tesr) and port (In my case 50000) of the portal right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another thing: This note discusses changing the Theme, I don't recall I did such a change. Where can I do it anyway?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another correction: I receive "Access Denied" on any iView, not just iViews that have combo boxes inside them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi roy

this seems rather new. We are using EP 6.0 sp9 and webdynpro is on patch SP10. We get the access denied only in case of dropdown boxes.

BTW what is the version of Internet Explorer that you are using. We are using IE 6.0 sp2. Like what armin said maybe it some problem with your IE.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wait, the Web dynpro has patches on it's own? Doesn't it being updated with the portal patches? How can I check my Web dynpro version and verify that it is the latest one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to your home page and click on System Information. That should give you the latest patches that your WAS is running on.

ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ravi,

Hello,

In order to be sure that I understood note 779659 I have few questions regarding it:

1. It says: "When applying new theme at a dynpro application (not portal)..." What does it mean? I know how to change the portal theme but this talks about a dynpro application theme and explicitly says not poratl.

2. What the port should be? The default portal port (50000) or the default dynPro pro port (3601)?

In any case it would be helpful to get an answer from someone who succefully implemented this note.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi roy

We have implemented this note as we faced the same problem. You will have to set the same theme to the webdynpro as the one that you are using in the portal.

To apply a theme in webdynpro you will basically need a eclipse theme editor downloaded. Then you will have to import the portal theme into NDS and do a generation of the theme. This will give you a folder at the specified location.

Copy that folder into themes directory found somewhere under c:\usr directory. (i dont remember the exact path. Will give it to you on monday when i reach office.)

open your visual administrator and then click on services. Open your service Configuration Adapter. Select WebDynpro and then local-->wd~dispwda and edit the default.properties file.

Change the property of SAP Theme URL to the path where you copied the theme.Ensure no spaces are there.

Change the property "Use SAP Theme" to true.

Save and restart your j2ee server. This should do the trick. If you want a step by step procedure do let me know. i may have to mail you the document.

This should work as we have done it in our scenario and it has worked.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

I didn't do all that, which means I haven't change a Web DynPro theme. But I did change the portal theme. Does my situation still comply this note or does this note fits only to those who changed the DynPro application theme?

What is weird is that even that I haven't changed the DynPro theme, I have the same symptoms as the Note... Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Baiscly what I want to ask is: If I changed the Portal theme I must do this process on every DynPro application as well? I am using NWDS, does it include a theme editor?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy

You will have to do it. Otherwise it does not work. We tried it out and it didnt work. We had to apply the theme to the WebDynpro as well. Of course we had different instances of J2EE for WAS and Portal.

If you are using a single J2EE instance for WAS and portal you can try changing the portal theme and see. But as per the note, i guess you will have to apply the Webdynpro theme also.

You dont get a theme editor included in WAS. You will have to download it. Its available on SDN downloads. Let me know if you require more information.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ravi,

Well, I've downloaded the theme editor.

Can you please explain me how do I use it at the NWDS and where do I put the extracted folders? (I assume under plugins folder...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi roy

Well you have to put it under the plugins folder under the path C:\Program Files\SAP\JDT\eclipse\plugins

Then also download the file "NW04Stack09Themes.zip". If you are not able to get it let me know. I will mail it across to you. Unzip the file.

Then open NDS and create a new project " SAP UR Plugins" and when asked for a project give the project name say "MyCustomTheme" and the project path as the folder where you extract the "NW04Stack09Themes.zip" file.

Let me know if you require more information.

regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK I have the project.

Now the note says to set the theme url as http://.. and you say c:\usr... An I missing something here?

Former Member
0 Kudos

By the way, even if I restore the portal to the default theme I receive the "Access Denied"....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roy,

Set the value of the property theme.default of the visual admin as the following :

http://<localhost>:50000/webdynpro/resources/sap.com

/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<theme project name>

hope this might help u.:)

regards

Lisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi roy

You have to use Http:// only.. The file would be located in "C:\usr\sap\J2E\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\temp\webdynpro\web\sap.com\tcwddispwda\global\SSR\themes".

So the url that needs to be pasted in the sap.urlwebdynproStylesheet is "http://<machine name>:50000/webdynpro/resources/sap.com/tcwddispwda/global/SSR/themes/<theme name>" which basically points to the path mentioned above.

regards

ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There has been an Internet Explorer security patch causing such an error. Perhaps this is the problem here. Please check the OSS notes for keywords "Internet Explorer security patch".

Armin