cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSRP support in Java EE 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does Java EE 5 support production and consumption of WSRP content? I want to be able to create a portal within java EE 5 and consume WSRP content from a Non-Sap producer. I also need to be able to consume WSRP content from a SAP producer by a non-Sap consumer. Is this possible? Or is this a separate product? Is it something that can be downloaded? Is there any documentation on this process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

See also thread.

-Vladimir

Former Member
0 Kudos

If we have decided to support the version of Netweaver containing Java EE, whenever it becomes available, can we assume that an enterprise portal product will be available as part of the Netweaver stack?

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Yes, SAP Enterprise Portal is part of the NetWeaver stack.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

The WSRP support is part of the Enterprise Portal and not part of the J2EE engine.

The support of WSRP consumption is available since SPs06 of NW04s and production since SPs09 of NW04s. The compatibility to the WSRP requirements is up to the specific application you will want to expose as producer.

Avi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

WSRP is a portal feature. There is no Portal based on JEE 5 WAS.

I hope new version of Portal (NetWeaver 2007) will be released this year.

But current version of SAP Portal does support WSPR.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/1395b5cd-0b01-0010-3e89-d0850c1a...

<i>"SAP officially supports theconsumption of WSRP 1.0 contentfrom any WSRP 1.0 compliant producer as ofSAP NetWeaver2004s SPS06" </i>