cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Retrofit during an Upgrade project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

we are going to start an upgrade project of our ERP 6.0 system from EHP4 to EHP6 and I'm interested to know if I can use retrofit in order to manage in a structured way the double maintenance during the transition period of the project. My goal is to retrofit the TR created in the maintenance landscape (ERP 6.0 EHP4) to the upgraded development system (ERP 6.0 EHP6). By reading the documentation available in sdn and in the SAP help it seems that this should be feasible but I didn't find a clear statement about the feasibility of this approach. Can any one tell me if retrofit can be used in upgrade project as previously described?

thanks in advance for your collaboration.

BR

g.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, Karthik,

thank you for your feedback. I think this topic is not very clear an SAP didn't state that Retrofit can't be used during upgrade projects. I think that the unique way to be sure about the compatibility of retrofit  functionality during upgrade projects is to open an OSS message. I'll do it and I'll give you a feedback as soon as I'll get some news.

BR

g.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far no answer to my oss message..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are facing the same upgrade project and wondering if retrofit fonctionality proposed by SAP is compliant between two system having different component versions.

Did you receive a response to your question from SAP Support ?

Thanks for your feedback

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

yes, using retrofit able to syn project landscape to maintenance landscape.

please check the  below for more detail

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3474746

Rg,

karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

thank you for your feedback. In the post you indicated there is no clear statement that Retrofit is supported for upgrade project and that is able to manage the double maintenance of customizing and workbanch TR between system with different releases (EHP4, EHP6). My concerns are in particular related to the customizing TR. In fact based on the sap note : " 1090842 - Composite note: Transports across several releases " :

"Transports of any application objects and especially Customizing transports between various release levels are generally not supported even if they work without apparent technical problems."

Is there any SAP official documentation that state that retrofit is able to manage both customizing and workbench TR between two systems with different releases?

Thanks

g.

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far I know Retrofit will not support TR between two systems with different releases.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Vivek, you are right. Retrofit will not support with different release.

@g -try this option, go to maintenance cycle and check any import parameters like Ignore Invalid Component Version during Retrofit import and check it. Also will  make some problem during import.

Rg,

Karthik