cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver 2004s: Kernel Update - WebAS - librender.so cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP NetWeaver 2004s

Kernel 700  ( in /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/exe )

Linux 64bit (SLES 11 upgrade from SLES 10)

I need to Update the SAP Kernel 721: ( SAPEXEDB_201-10011359.SAR, SAPEXE_201-10011360.SAR )

extract to /usr/sap/put/exe

if i try to run ./disp+work

./disp+work: error while loading shared libraries: librender.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

host1:<SID>adm 81> pwd

/usr/sap/put/exe

host1:<SID>adm 80> ls -la librender.so

-rwxr-xr-x 1 <SID>adm sapsys 18423255 Dec  4 12:25 librender.so

How to fix it ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dennis Schneck wrote:

./disp+work: error while loading shared libraries: librender.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Please provide output of ldd disp+work command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make sure that you are executing the command using sidadm and within the kernel directory.

Regards,

Nick Loy

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

I supposed you just need to upgrade your system kernel and you are not under any version upgrade means in process to upgrade ECC 5.0 to EHP6 or whatever be.

Here i doubted if you just update current kernel of system just follow general Kernel upgrade method but here you extracted *.SAR files on upgrade path & trying to execute ./disp+work command from the /usr/sap/put/exe path.

I recommend to take backup of current kernel files /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/exe & extract the *.SAR files under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGS00/exe directory & use ./saproot.sh script for correct permissions on the files.

After the process please try to execute disp+work again to get updated info for kernel.

Please correct if i'm wrong in understanding your issue.

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

Please rename the .so files in the kernel directory and copy the new kernel again.

Repeat this process until the error is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

i used the: dw_218-10011360.sar

then it works

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suggest you to close the thread if your problem is resolved/question is answered.

Regards,

Nick Loy