Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Item increment in components of maintenance Order

yogesh_zope
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

In maintenance order component tab while adding new component item number increment by 10,but after entering 999 components there is no increment as limit of 9999 is reached.As the main issue is we can still add the component with item number as 9999, but then component list is sorted as material number not by item number. Is there any way that I can set the item numbers like 0001,0002,0003...?

I have already gone through below link

Can anyone suggest me user exit or other workaround to get the rid of this?

I also also tried with manually changing of numbers like 0001,0002, ... etc, it works, but not sure that it may cause an impact further like good issue or settlement.

Regards,

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you going to use components more than 999 in single maintenance order?? Is there any business justification or it is just from your curiosity to know??

yogesh_zope
Explorer
0 Kudos

yes, Maheswaran

It is business requirement, as they are creating one project order for maintaining whole project cost in single order & manage each & every item procurement as well as good issue through this order.

Regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may have to use Implicit enhancement to do your coding to update number as 0001.

Discuss with ABAP consultants on Implicit enhancement.

former_member199502
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Its not possible to  modify the item number increment. Please refer to SAP note 131904 where SAP has clearly explained the reason for this.

Even if you change the format also it is of no use since SAP allows only 9999 components to be assigned.

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Hope you can use SAP explanation to convince business. All the Best.

Thanks

Girish