cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM / Web Dispatcher processing timeout warning ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Anyone knows how to let the ICM or Web dispatcher pop-up a inactivity timeout warning before the processing timeout (PROCTIMEOUT) is reached? I see some internet banking sites doing this where a timer pops-up saying the session is about to expire.

We have users taking ages tot populate forms and not doing intermittent saves. So they take an hour to fill in the form and then after the hour they click save but then they get a ICM timeout/logged off error screen and they lost the work done.

Adriaan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member235680
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Adriaan,

If I am correct, you have to use the logout (SAP system) parameter, which is defined on a particular application server.

Means, SAP Web Dispatcher will route the request, targeted on a particular app. server will decide, when to logout the user depending upon the parameter.

Thanks

Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that is what happens. But how do I pop-up a warning to an user BEFORE it times-out so that he can Save the form or click a button somewhere so that it does not timeout.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Could you check this SAP SCN link

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2097915

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the link refers to Portals (NW Java). I require a pop-up warning for ICM (NW Abap)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adriaan,

I don't expect ICM to have such functionality.

May be you can check with SAP development team by raising an OSS message.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori